Belly tank on US ebay

List your Land Speed and Salt Lake cars and parts for sale here

Moderators: DLRA, FOR SALE

Reverend Hedgash

Belly tank on US ebay

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Another bellytank on Ebay. it sys "not to be used for record runs" but it would be a good start for turning into something being used for record runs...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... :MESELX:IT

Ahhh nostalgic repo cars; representing originality as opposed to being it. Like contemporary punks. Like words. Lies. All lies.

d
DLRA Member#412
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Just like reproduction Falcon GT's now get called "Tribute Cars". Don't you hate marketing tossers!
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Lynchy wrote:Just like reproduction Falcon GT's now get called "Tribute Cars". Don't you hate marketing tossers!
at least you can drive them, they probably go as hard.......that tank is just pox. You can't race it, the pedal/steering wheel arrangement is hilarious.....I dunno that you COULD drive even if you were allowed to, unless you were an orangutan......

what's even worse is that stupid rat-rod in the background of the third last shot......
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

So the dash appears to have a cutout that your nose goes under and you have a guage for each eye????? Doesn't look easy to drive.
David Leikvold

even worserer

Post by David Leikvold »

That 3rd last photo also shows Chip Foose sitting in the "car" showing us how ridiculous the driving position is. I can't believe Chip had anything to do with it, the workmanship and design are appalling. I especially love the pre-crumpled push bar bracketry and the lack of trailing arms for the diff. I suspect the car was only ever intended to be floor art.

$5k didn't meet the reserve, tell him he's dreamin'.

Cheers
Dave :D
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Dr Goggles

Re: even worserer

Post by Dr Goggles »

David Leikvold wrote:That 3rd last photo also shows Chip Foose sitting in the "car" showing us how ridiculous the driving position is. I can't believe Chip had anything to do with it, the workmanship and design are appalling.

They drugged him, abducted him and propped him up in it...he does look a little "addled".... either that or , nah I'll leave it at that....
David Leikvold wrote:I especially love the pre-crumpled push bar bracketry and the lack of trailing arms for the diff. I suspect the car was only ever intended to be floor art.
Cheers
Push bar....ha , that really is the icing on the cake innit?

it barks

:wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
SPOOK

belly tank on us ebay

Post by SPOOK »

So the guy is not a genius but at least he had a go at creating something from scratch. His first attempt is far from perfect as was the 28a ford hotrod I built in 1960. I would like to know who can honestly put up their hand and say I made the perfect machine at the first attempt?
David Leikvold

having a go

Post by David Leikvold »

Russell, you're right , having a go is commendable. He says in his spiel that he needs to clear it out so he can finish some other projects (don't we all) so he's probably not a novice making a mess of his first go at a car. It's not getting a positive response here because we're used to building functional race cars and the whole point of this car is lost on us. I really think now that the car is just meant to be moving art. He says they'll let him drive it on the salt but not go fast, but why would anyone want to trailer the car all the way from Ohio to Utah (almost 3,000km) when it couldn't compete? Maybe that's another reason to try to sell it.

The bidding made it all the way to close at $7,000 and still didn't meet his reserve. He really is dreamin'!

Cheers
Dr Goggles

Re: belly tank on us ebay

Post by Dr Goggles »

SPOOK wrote: I would like to know who can honestly put up their hand and say I made the perfect machine at the first attempt?
not me,and I've copped my share... nor do I have a shed full of hot-rod stuff either, it's the intent as Dave said, more than the execution. Why?.
He says they'll let him drive it on the salt
Not here. Unless it's scrutineered , or registered ......
He says in his spiel that he needs to clear it out so he can finish some other projects
......god forbid.... :roll: :roll:

If you wanna see negativity Russ have a look at the HAMB message board where the HotRod Nazis will jump on you for talking about something like this....let alone building it.
penny

Post by penny »

its like my post of the sidevalve altered,which is a lovelly example but quote we havn't run it we drive it around the show circuit. paul.
glengowrie annexe of the Institute of Backyard Studies
David Leikvold

altered

Post by David Leikvold »

Yes Paul, that was a very nice car. An afternoon in the shed would have it ready to race and it would be something anyone would be proud to present to the scrutineers. Hopefully the buyer will use it for its proper purpose. I wonder what it must be like to have spare race cars just lying around the place. Oh to have such problems!

Cheers
Dr Goggles

Re: belly tank on us ebay

Post by Dr Goggles »

Dr Goggles wrote:If you wanna see negativity Russ have a look at the HAMB message board where the HotRod Nazis will jump on you for talking about something like this....let alone building it.
oivey!....I put a thread on the HAMB to see what peeps said.....it got deleted after three comments( 30mins)......whooooah!... something about "ebay".... thing is the comments concentrated on the parts it had, not the fact that it wasn't a race car.nerds.