ebay

List your Land Speed and Salt Lake cars and parts for sale here

Moderators: DLRA, FOR SALE

penny

ebay

Post by penny »

its a pity that not many members use this site as this car would appear value plus and it seems ready to run .
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/olds-bon ... 19c151e20c
glengowrie annexe of the Institute of Backyard Studies
Cookey

Re: ebay

Post by Cookey »

My thoughts that it would be very difficult to import this car into Oz given the tightening of the regulations for modified vehicles. :roll: :roll:
Even for those apparently destined for racing :!: :!: :!:
Plus the landed cost after fees etc will most likely run to double the asking price :wink: :wink:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
penny

Post by penny »

inporting cars rule 5.10 relates to circuit cars, but yes you will have to be prepared. the fine print tounge in cheek is you cant import falcon or holdens or jap bonneville cars. plus you wouldnt bring it in with its number plates still on would you . And at double the price 24k ,could you build it for less , and be running in march . paul
Zaltrennwagen

Post by Zaltrennwagen »

Bring it in a parts car,not a car that is going to be registered . You shouldn't need to worry about mods etc because it would be outside the rules and is never going to see a roadworthy test. . The duty is only 10% ( over 15 years old?) . Cleaning on the wharf ( a friggen scam!!) should only be $150 and freight should only be $3000 max. Even less if a mate is bringing a 40' container with other stuff in it to sell on ebay here . All that gear on that car will cost a damn site more than $20,000 to fit out here i think.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Zaltrennwagen wrote:Bring it in a parts car,not a car that is going to be registered .
Just be careful on that, it used to be the case but there was specific mention in the recent revision that says that off road/comp only vehicles are not going to necessarily be let in.

As always, a few bad apples spoiled it for the lot.

Now is the time though with the dollar back up to 99.01US this morning.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Regardless of the end use for the vehicle you will still need a permit to import it into Australia before any shipping company will put it into a container these days.
This makes the proposition of buying a car or bike for racing off of such places as Ebay very risky.
Whilst the deal may look very attractive initially, you may well find yourself with a very expensive "Off Shore" investment. :!: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Nice roll cage,hey Cookey !
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Who needs a roll cage if they aren't racing :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
penny

Post by penny »

we will have to wait and see how the imported studebaker avanti turns out for value when its at lake gairdner in march .
Zaltrennwagen

Post by Zaltrennwagen »

Cookey wrote:Regardless of the end use for the vehicle you will still need a permit to import it into Australia before any shipping company will put it into a container these days.
This makes the proposition of buying a car or bike for racing off of such places as Ebay very risky.
Whilst the deal may look very attractive initially, you may well find yourself with a very expensive "Off Shore" investment. :!: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yes,the import approval form ,which is/was $50 needs to obtained before you ship, although i owned a car in the US for a few years before I imported it I found the form has a infinite life . What is really important to remember is the fact that you cannot Export a car from the USA without a legal title . The shipper can't or wont even load a car without one. If the car hasn't got a title ,walk away or move the mouse away . you can buy titles quite legally in the US but the $260 cost involved is hardly worth the hassle.
Recently I Had two cars which I bought cheap here but both had been imported 'somehow' without import approval to be used on the road although both had Qld rego. I sold them both on as parts cars when i found that out... :roll: . I did find out however that in the World of OZ government bureaucracy every single car that has ever come into the country for what ever reason is noted in their database and cheating the system will end in tears.
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Zaltrennwagen wrote: I did find out however that in the World of OZ government bureaucracy every single car that has ever come into the country for what ever reason is noted in their database and cheating the system will end in tears.
I got rego in Vic on a 63 Compact that Vic-Roads said there was no record of anywhere, took a bit of coaxing and a persuasive legal argument but rego it they did, then it got transfered to Qld reg.Having said that if I'd known what a hassle it was going to be I wouldn't have gone near it but it had soaked up a lot of money by that stage .....
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Zaltrennwagen

Post by Zaltrennwagen »

The record of that cars chassis number is somewhere in Canberra but because the people empployed there find it simpler to look in the computer base they only relate to that. I had a car called a Palladium,built in the UK in 1923. it was imported to WA in 1924 and the record exists in Canberra of this very car. NSW RTA offices used to have hard cover books with all makes of cars imported to oz with details of chassis numbers etc and these went back to WW1. I found my palladium listed in there .
Thanks to the FOI laws it's now impossible to get info from canberra for something like a dodgy import so you were pretty fortunate getting your car regoed . It's all pretty stupid when you think about,they are just cars after all.
penny

Re: bike on ebay US

Post by penny »