HQ Statesman B/Pro

List your Land Speed and Salt Lake cars and parts for sale here

Moderators: DLRA, FOR SALE

big chook

HQ Statesman B/Pro

Post by big chook »

For Sale my HQ Statesman formerly ran B/Production , selling less engine ( came apart 2009 of its own accord ) current record holder 177.90 mph with 383 sbc, ran straight and stable , legal roll cage . comes with fire system , 12' chute , good t/loader g/box , scattershield , steel flywheel , 11" clutch , indy shifter, recall tach , ultralite gauges , ignition , 3.00 mini spooled 9" 28 spline, spare 2.75 open centre , 3.5" heavy wall tailshaft , holley black pump BG reg , 5 core radiator , electric fan , 15" X 6" rims new V rated tyres . Does have some rust issues on guards and wheel arches but overall is straight and presentable . Selling due to move to NT can't justify cost of new engine and 3000Ks travel ea way . car is located at Dundee Forest NT will help with transport to a Darwin carrier . Price $4500 Firm ,cheap level entry vehicle add an engine and go , will need some safety updates to bring inline with new regulations PH Mick 0403090394 anytime or Email revnheaven@bigpond.com tried uploading photo's didn't work can send to your email address . cheers Mick
PLUCKA

Re: HQ Statesman B/Pro

Post by PLUCKA »

This is a tough car and ran really straight. Great, cheap entry price to the sport.

Plucka
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

PLUCKA wrote:This is a tough car and ran really straight. Great, cheap entry price to the sport.

Plucka
Was the best sounding car there for a coupla years, .......hang on are you two related?
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

Nah not related mate lol, but I think with the hemorrhage of his engine when we last saw it run and the lack of speed weeks because of mother nature, has added to why we are seeing it up for sale. If it was in SA still it would be in my shed. Mike is a good lad and hope he returns with something one day.
How is your sled going is it all back to together Dr G

Plucka
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

That really was one of my early favorites that car and had that special crisp note and I remember having a laugh with the big fella , he said "when I bought it it had a sun roof AND a moon roof"......huh?...."the floor was rotted out".... :lol: :lol:

The Tank chassis is getting blasted today and cold zinced on the spot, that's a bonus as it's a bad time of the year for painting unless you have a climate controlled shed.... Been checking over various bits and pieces for damage, rot and fretting. All looks hunky dory, good to know as it got airborne at the creek in 2010 and spent a lot of the time at Mangalore bottoming out. None of the parts I expected to be showing signs of wear were the least bit bothered. The cold zinc going on fresh blasted steel will be a good base, our man with the abrasives said there is no better system for what our requirements are.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
big chook

Post by big chook »

Dr Goggles , which " big fella " did you have a laugh with it certainly wasn;t me , the HQ never had a sun roof or moon roof and the floor WAS not Rotted out , mistaken identity maybe . cheers Mick
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

big chook wrote:Dr Goggles , which " big fella " did you have a laugh with it certainly wasn;t me , the HQ never had a sun roof or moon roof and the floor WAS not Rotted out , mistaken identity maybe . cheers Mick

Hmmmmm, Maybe we weren't talking about that car, I'm certaion it was you Mick, at the start line....maybe we were talking about another car?????????

Then again, there's a reason I look back fondly at the meetings I went to before we had the car there.....I was off the chain in a pretty serious fashion.

Al Fountain gave me a really weird look when I was admiring his tank in the Gutta one year, I told him I was building one that would be finished soon, "yeah, so you told me last year..." I didn't dispute him , but I was dead sure I'd never spoken to him before...

Turns out it was my partner the Reverend who he'd confused me with.....

Anyway back to the topic.

Good luck selling what seems to be a very cheap , very cool car.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I've uploaded pics of Mick's Statesman here

http://s661.photobucket.com/albums/uu33 ... Statesman/
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
big chook

Post by big chook »

Thanks Rob , much appreciated . cheers Mick
big chook

Post by big chook »

Bumping this up , car still for sale but have sold the Toploader , shifter , scattershield , flywheel and clutch plate . Asking $2500 for the complete roller . A proven performer and cheap entry level car .. cheers Mick 0403090394