Al Fountains Lakester is for Sale

List your Land Speed and Salt Lake cars and parts for sale here

Moderators: DLRA, FOR SALE

Rob

Al Fountains Lakester is for Sale

Post by Rob »

Taken from the minutes of our meeting on Saturday,

Alan Fountain is selling his B52 bellytank #423, no engine or box but it is set up for a BB Chrysler so it should fit any possible combo in. It currently holds the A/FL record at 234.9mph and is for sale at $30k. Alan can be contacted on 0405 021 452.

This is the only pic I have of it, taken in '09.

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Dr Goggles

Re: Al Fountains Lakester is for Sale

Post by Dr Goggles »

That's really, really cheap.I think it's a tight fit for a big guy but you couldn't build that car for that.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Rob

Post by Rob »

I dunno Doc,

Al's no skinamalink (that's him on the right) and a couple of taller team members have driven it too. Not sure if he has seat adjustment in there, another seat or what.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Rob wrote:I dunno Doc,

Al's no skinamalink (that's him on the right) and a couple of taller team members have driven it too. Not sure if he has seat adjustment in there, another seat or what.

Cheers,
Rob
I just remember Boris's article about it when he got in and then thought he wasn't gonna be able to get out, you're more likely right than me.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

That is a bargain. Good car, well made with passion. Hopefully the sale helps fund more stuff from these guys.

I wonder if there is any sponsorship connections that have to be kept with purchase or if it is clear title?

Regardless, a cheap way into the top end of the sport and probably some room to develop and make your own. I think a new paintjob would certainly give it a new lease of life.

Dik
DLRA Member#412