Record Holding Sidecar racing outfit, complete!

List your Land Speed and Salt Lake cars and parts for sale here

Moderators: DLRA, FOR SALE

DLRA
Site Admin

Record Holding Sidecar racing outfit, complete!

Post by DLRA »

Walter Contacted me this week and has now sent some details and photos.
To save people the trouble of looking them up; 50cc sidecar and sidecar streamliner classes are all open. (And 100cc for that matter)

I have a 50 cc sidecar bike that is the current record holder in both fuel and gas at Bonneville. I also have several records at El Mirage with another team. I lost my crew chief and brother a couple of years ago and have since had a difficult time at Bonneville. I am 76 years old and my wife does not want me to ride anymore. I will miss the fun of land speed racing and probably will continue to attend speed week but no more racing for me. I would like to sell the bike to someone in Australia as then no one here could break my record with my bike.
The bike started as a 1990 NS 50 Honda and now has a sleeved down KX 65 Kawasaki. It meets all the SCTA rules and is almost brand new this year. It comes with a highly modified NS50 engine and a stock NS50 as well as the highly modified Kawasaki in the bike now. I will send all the spare parts I have, too many to list such as a new barrel and head. You could bore it and run the 100 cc class.
I also have a brand new 5x10 cargo master trailer and a set of $1,000 Vanson Bonneville leathers. These pictures are not too good but i will try to get better ones soon.
I would like to get 8 thousand out of everything and will assist in the shipping.
I would bring everything to Bonneville and the new owner could race and then ship the whole setup to Australia in August '14.
Walter Grether
wcfo@coredevelopmentinc.net
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor