List your Land Speed and Salt Lake cars and parts for sale here

Moderators: DLRA, FOR SALE

DLRA
Site Admin

VL Commodore V8 DLRA car with log book

Post by DLRA »

For Sale
VL Commodore V8 DLRA car with log book.
VL Commodore built to comply with E/PRO regulations this car had the E/PRO record from 2010- 2015, also ran in E/GCC and was approximately 1 mph off the record in that class. The car has been prepped to run faster in both classes but unfortunately for me, someone else will have the benefit of that.
The body has VL SS body components to lower the CD efficiency of the vehicle. I have GMH publications and documents to verify the components as SS therefore meeting DLRA regulations for PRO class, these publications and documents will stay with the car. Bolt on/off nose cone and boot that enables the car to run in E/GCC class
Safety construction above DLRA is the professionally built roll cage using Molybdenum steel to DLRA and CAMS regulations with documentation, car carries double the amount of fire suppression agent required.
The engine professionally built for race conditions and runs comfortably at 8000 rpm, built to produce high hp at mid to high rpm well in excess of 300hp. Some of the engine features are, fully race prepped block, Bennett Dash 3 alloy heads, specially constructed crankshaft, modified JE forged pistons and rings, 4 bolt main bearings, special sump, performance camshaft, roller rockers etc,etc. Ignition programmable digitized MSD, also an Innovate Data Logger.
Modified front and rear suspension with adjustable front struts and “Z” bars.
Transmission is a tricked up Aussie 4 speed, Holden diff with various crown wheel and pinions ratios.
Goodyear Eagle and Mickey Thompson tyres of various sizes for the car.
Many spares for the car.
Price is a fraction of cost, $32000 ONO
Contact Max on 0429188281 or max.ellery@hotmail.com

Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
turbo RB

Re: VL Commodore V8 DLRA car with log book

Post by turbo RB »

don't the rules say you have to use the whole body kit ? so you would need to run the SS boot spoiler as well !
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Section 4.KK refers to OEM Body kits and that not using the complete kit will be considered streamlining.

Section 5.D.1a Stipulates - Streamlining ahead of and including the cowl, channeling, belly pan and skirts and spoilers, as defined in Section 4.CC. is permitted.

This car is fitted with an Air Dam and Skirts which by my reading are permitted in this class.

2015 DLRA Rulebook
5.D.1.a Competition Coupe & Sedan - /BFCC, /FCC, /BGCC, /GCC
This class encompasses production coupe or sedan bodies unaltered in width or contour. Streamlining ahead of and including the cowl, channeling, belly pan and skirts and spoilers, as defined in Section 4.CC. is permitted. One of the following modifications SHALL be done to be considered in this class:
1. Top shall be chopped.
2. The vehicle shall have a full belly pan.
3. The body from the cowl forward shall be lengthened a minimum of 12 in.
4. The engine shall be set back a minimum of 25% of the wheelbase. The engine setback cannot exceed 50% of the wheelbase.

Other than top chopping, no modification to the body is allowed. Minimum vertical windshield height is 5 in. The front and rear chop shall be equal. Window openings may be covered by flat plates on the outside of the opening or left open. Driver shall sit COMPLETELY ahead of the rear axle, inside the body and behind the engine, except in rear-engine cars using the original engine LOCATION. Driver exit hatches in the roof are recommended but shall not change the contour of the body. Cars in this class are considered in the Modified category and shall comply with the general rules of the category.
Wing width including side plates shall not be wider than the outside width of the body. The maximum allowable height of the wing including side plates shall not exceed 65 in. from the ground as measured to the highest part of the wing. The rear of the wing including side plates may not be set back more than 18 in. behind the rear of the body. The lowest portion of the wing shall be at least 6 in. above the highest point of the body. The total wing area (measured by the fore-to-aft dimension times the side-to-side dimension on the top surface) shall not exceed 1152 square in. Multiple element wings are NOT allowed.

NOTE: Entrants electing to use a pre-1949 body in the Competition Coupe classes need not comply with the seating requirement for four (4) average size adults. The rear inner fender panels may be modified to allow the rear tires to be located within the body. This rear fender panel allowance does NOT apply to Vintage Category vehicles using vintage engines. Drip rails may be removed or filled.
Engine classes allowed are: AA, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, XF, XO, XXF and XXO

4.KK OEM Body Kit:
Body kits produced by a recognized automobile manufacturer for a specific year vehicle must be used as a complete package. 500 kits for the same model were/are required to be for sale to the general public meets the production requirements. Mixing and matching pieces from different years or not using the complete kit will be considered streamlining.

4.CC STREAMLINING:
Any device which has the apparent purpose of directing, limiting, or controlling air flow around or within the car and is not a part of the original body will be considered as streamlining.
Removal of certain devices may also be considered streamlining; axle and header configuration will not. Any streamlining devices will be considered as part of the body for classification purposes, see Section 2.J.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
turbo RB

Post by turbo RB »

sorry I was inquiring about E/PRO eligibility not E/GCC

"The body has VL SS body components to lower the CD efficiency of the vehicle. I have GMH publications and documents to verify the components as SS therefore meeting DLRA regulations for PRO class, these publications and documents will stay with the car"

4.KK OEM Body Kit:
Body kits produced by a recognized automobile manufacturer for a specific year vehicle must be used as a complete package. 500 kits for the same model were/are required to be for sale to the general public meets the production requirements. Mixing and matching pieces from different years or not using the complete kit will be considered streamlining.

Thank you
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Max used to run PRO, I think you'll find this photo is more recent in its GCC configuration.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
turbo RB

Post by turbo RB »

Rob

Post by Rob »

It's a moot point now as unless the rule has changed, any protest must be filed and paid for prior to the end of that meet.

That and Max's (E/Pro) record was broken this year by someone else in a black VN.

For what it's worth however, this was it in 2010 and running only E/Pro. Was this rule in the book back then?

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.