Lakester Project - Going Forward

List your Land Speed and Salt Lake cars and parts for sale here

Moderators: DLRA, FOR SALE

Cookey

Lakester Project - Going Forward

Post by Cookey »

I am currently reviewing options regarding my lakester project and the future of how I can continue to run the car at Lake Gairdner given that we are retiring from South Australia to Richmond in Tasmania inside the next 18 months.
With a considerable amount of time (and $$$'s) invested in the project, I have been doing the sums on the cost of transporting the car back and fro from Tassie, and can see that this will not be sustainable for me for much longer so I need to either:
A: Find a mainland partner who is able to house the racer and share the running costs (and driving chores).
B: Look for a partner to purchase the car with a view towards taking over full ownership after an agreed time frame.
C: Outright sale of the car and current spares. (Current D/FL Record Holder).

Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss this on 0417 468 552
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
Rocket

Re: Lakester Project - Going Forward

Post by Rocket »

Considering this is almost 12 months old.
Cookey, what are your plans now (especially after a good year this year :D )
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Hi Rodders,
Have already cleaned & checked over the car with all turning out OK+.
Given the relatively soft tune we had for our first go on Methanol we made improvements with every run although not increasing the overall speed.
Valuable data obtained will hopefully lead to some changes in the fuel management and gearing in order to grab a few more MPH.
Plan is to have it fully prepped for next year before we decamp for our retirement down to Richmond in Tasmania early in October.
Michael Brixton has offered secure storage at his new MASTEC headquarters and plan is to come across a week or so before next years event and check things over etc.

P.S. We have been offered supercharged engine/trans combo as part sponsorship deal for the future but with all of the selling up and relocation stuff will put this on the back burner for next year. If it comes off then I will take the car back to Tassie after next year's event.
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Great news mate!
I'd hate to see you sell even though logisticaly it won't be that easy once you move.
Good on Michael for the storage, he certainly "gets" everyone's passion for LSR & I am looking forward to his return too!! (That too is sounding hopeful after our little chat this year!👍)
Good luck Cookey, for a reasonably new team, you guys are certainly really kicking some goals. 😎
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au