Moderators: DLRA, FOR SALE

DLRA
Site Admin

OLD BELLY TANK 4 SALE

Post by DLRA »

Received this week...

Subj: OLD BELLY TANK 4 SALE
Date: Monday, 3 July 2006 4:27:37 PM

G’Day guys, my name is Jim Pitman I’m sending this message to see if you guys may be interested in a rough old spitfire tank I have for sale.
It is steel and it has been dropped, it still bears the scars, it has a bit of rust but is very usable, it’s the same size as the original SoCal tank before it was sectioned around the guts ,and I think you guys would want it, I Contacted Trevor Slaughter a while back and told him I’d send some pics which I will forward on to you by the end of the week. These tanks were common to
Spitfires, Sea Fury’s, Mustangs and Boomerangs, I work in aviation and my specialty is aircraft, warbird and helicopter parts so please don’t be offended if I tell you I don’t want to be told by some armchair aviation experts what it is really off (in their opinion) as I do know as it is my job to know aircraft parts, I know this sounds a bit harsh but I’ve taken it to swap meets and been told by so many of these experts what it is off ,when they have probably never seen one before. If you are interested please return email me and I’ll send the pics, be advised it wont be given away I’m after $1000 or a set of 4 a model glass fenders for it + cash adjustment or at least a decent offer, or it stays in my collection

Bluey with the chopped vdub is still kicking himself as I offered it to him a couple of years ago while he was trying to make a mould for his little split camper trailers but he wouldn’t part with the cash and has told me since that he’d put nearly 30 grand into making his mould right and my tank would have saved most of this, it is rough but it has seen duty for what is was designed for so this I believe makes it worth every cent anyway enough of my rambling I hope to hear from you guys soon, and I will forward the pics soon
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Reverend Hedgash

Belly tanked

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Just a note to say that this tank has been sold.

Rev. H+
DLRA Member#412