Hot 202 engine

List your Land Speed and Salt Lake cars and parts for sale here

Moderators: DLRA, FOR SALE

grumm441

Confused?

Post by grumm441 »

So this is the Dr Googles is buying a red motor to put in his new old ute so we can put the VN V6 motor out of the belly tank in my Vespa cos the red motor will stick out the side too much so that the good Doctor who gets paid SFA can ride Bens Ducati to the salt racing hall of fame while feeling like a dill thread

G :)-
Dr Goggles

D.G.B.T.R.M.T.P.I.T.U.S.H.C.R.B.D.T.T.S.L.H.O.F.T

Post by Dr Goggles »

Yup. :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Norm

Post by Norm »

Thank you Don. Glad to see some remembers the old 202 even if it did blow you way. hehehehheheh. Ya could never just get there could ya. So much for old techknowledge hay Don. :D :D :D

It good to see its going in to the ute. Will make a mean road car but me thinks the cam :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: will need to be changed.

Hay this whole post is great. All the banter that goes on.

Norm
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

whats this . " lets pick on Don and the Nissan Skyline day " ... but um I drove my car there 4 yrs , not on a trailer , so there . And I got 30 mpg on the trip , so there again ... hehehe . I win ...
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
grumm441

Huh

Post by grumm441 »

Huh
Dr Goggles

New Cam

Post by Dr Goggles »

30mpg has got something to do with fuel consumption hasn't it Don? :lol: shouldn't that be on the RACQ site along with brags about how many miles one gets from a set of tyres :lol: where's the cup holder in a Skyline and more importantly how many are there?

Yes , I will be putting a semi-sane cam in the "two-Oh" and for those who are interested ,running it on compression friendly LPG.

Don , the motor should be in a car not a museum....so when people say..." jeez mate that sounds a bit fruity" I'll be able to say , " yeah , it's done a hunned an fifty mile an hour mate"....they'll walk away THINKING I wouldn't know clit from shay and I'll be safe in the knowledge they DON'T... :lol: :lol: ......the ute has been a very cheap build and so buying Norm and co's motor was a little treat for it.

Hey Norm , gimmee a call 'cause I've got a bit of stuff on over the weekend :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
grumm441

Early Worms

Post by grumm441 »

whats this . " lets pick on Don and the Nissan Skyline day " ... but um I drove my car there 4 yrs , not on a trailer , so there . And I got 30 mpg on the trip , so there again ... hehehe . I win

I thought the one with the most toys won?

I drove all the way there in one of those Nissan thingo's with my dad this year so I guess I am one

Now, looking at Goog's previous post, you have to get up pretty early in the morning to pull one over on him.
G
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

oh dr gooogle , mpg is similar to pounds shillings and pence ( you just had to be there you young whipersnapper )and I remember when the local holden dealer in Sale ( vic ) put brown paper over the windows of the showroom to surprise us with the new beaut EH with the red motor in ,63 . Ah the birth of the RED motor .
pls dont knock the RACQ it tells the best places to have tea and scones and where the best places to pick up grannies are .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
Norm

Post by Norm »

Hay Don the Gnome still runs the RAVC badge.

Now I bet ya thats fast RACV service :D :D :D
grumm441

Racv for me

Post by grumm441 »

Maybe the good doctor could paint his HR yellow
G
Dr Goggles

Vinegar and brown paper

Post by Dr Goggles »

DON NOBLE wrote: put brown paper over the windows of the showroom to surprise us with the new beaut EH with the red motor in ,63 . Ah the birth of the RED motor .
pls dont knock the RACQ it tells the best places to have tea and scones and where the best places to pick up grannies are .

these are some lyrics from an Adelaide band called the Hilltop Hoods from a song called "This is for Life".....

......."'til I've got false teeth , 'til my beard is grey , with a fat chain and gold plated hearin' aid , kids on the street think I'm weird and strange ,at the bowls club old ladies cheer my name , this is for life".....

If you want to pick up old ladies Don stand outside a doctors surgery and offer to help them cross the road , then you'll at least get to hold their hand for a while..... :lol:

BACK ON TOPIC.....Norm's motor doesn't come with an inlet manifold , but that's OK I've made one for the gas set up out of a Commodore throttle body and a Redline manifold for a Holley 350...might struggle to idle :roll:
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Sheesh! I go away for a few weeks and the good Doctor spends all his fun tickets on a new donk for not the tank!!!

I must say that it is a very handsome ute, now in matt black, and I hope it will find its way back to the salt next year...

revH+
DLRA Member#412
Dr Goggles

Re: Early Worms

Post by Dr Goggles »

grumm441 wrote:Now, looking at Goog's previous post, you have to get up pretty early in the morning to pull one over on him.
G

"can't sleep clown'll eat me , can't sleep clown'll eat me" ( Bart Simpson)

I looked at the front page of the site and the's FIVE other people looking at it, huh?...IT'S THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT , you're excused Keith but the rest of you need a hobby or a double bed with someone in it...

I just yawned , gotta go :wink:
grumm441

The early bird has worms, try combantrim

Post by grumm441 »

Jeese , really early
Try going to bed and closing your eyes
Dr Goggles

youbeaut

Post by Dr Goggles »

took the ute to get a first check for the roadworthy today...After bemoaning the fact that the motor in it decided to do the front seal moments after I decided to buy Norms 202 Steve the mechanic ( who fell in love with it immediately and had to hold back one of his workers who's dad has an HR ute he bought new)said."So , no compliance plate for the gas hey?... it's probably not registered with VicRoads for LPG then , looks like we'll be getting the man of steel to pay for it then"....Yes folks the good old $2000 gubbmint grant to install a gas system , dash it all...seems a terrible waste when there's one there. I left there on the 250 I'd put in the back , rode down the middle of what's known as Separation st in Northcote , and I mean the middle ( the bit with the white line on it) when , I'm not sure how I didn't see him coming but a gendarme rode past on his Beemer shaking his head no less :lol: , must be my lucky day.........