Moderators: DLRA, FOR SALE

Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Dr G

So are you selling a 202?
Dr Goggles

the thread that won't die............

Post by Dr Goggles »

As far as I can see it wouldn't matter if I was or wasn't or If I hadn't bought it off Norm in the first place this is the Black knight thread and it will never die :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leEsz9ci5XE ( note the background at .47s)

If I were to attempt to sell said motor I get the funny feeling I wouldn't be mentioning it here on this thread.....Why , are you thinking of getting something decent for the Jag? :lol: :lol:Image
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Settle down - it's not dead yet!

Gaz has already worked out Phase 1. 2. and 3 of the engine development program and so far none are GM products - hang on who owns Jag now???

I can say that electric has not been mentioned!
Rob

Re: the thread that won't die............

Post by Rob »

Dr Goggles wrote: this is the Black knight thread and it will never die

CHICKEN!! Cracked me up, I haven't seen the movie in years but remember most of it... hmm, should I admit that publically???

Paul,

That'd be an interesting electric project. I've seen a '32 roadster in the US running a widened golf cart rear and the batteries up under the bonnet. It drove fine with 4 adults in the thing and they make high speed clutches for 'em nowdays. Should make say 40mph easily :shock:

Cheers,
Rob
momec

Post by momec »

I've heard theres a hot 202 for sale. I know a bloke with a valuable Commodore who could probally use a real motor. :lol:

Jeese we're lucky we're not in the U.S or they'ed have to close this site down for insubordination, then restart it, then close it, then ohh, I'm confused what happens next. :wink:
Chris
Acme Racing #251
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

So if we see a bloke giving you a withering stare on Sunday, it's not 'cos he is after a 202
They make it
I make it work
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

I know a bloke with a valuable Commodore

Did he drop a roll of 20c pieces in it Chris?
Dr Goggles

right!

Post by Dr Goggles »

Puck you Pord people! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Quote:
I know a bloke with a valuable Commodore

Did he drop a roll of 20c pieces in it Chris?

Valuable commodore??????
What, you must be talking about headgash's new wheels right
They make it
I make it work
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Tanks , ya'all tankers. See ya on da weakend ! Cheers,Bob. #66 C/GCC.
grumm441

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp

Post by grumm441 »

Faster than a speeding.............................
They make it
I make it work
Dr Goggles

steady knackers

Post by Dr Goggles »

Faster than a speeding.............................
...let me guess ...English car?
grumm441

202?

Post by grumm441 »

Speaking of which Goggs
How is that 202
They make it
I make it work
Dr Goggles

of course

Post by Dr Goggles »

The moment I saw that there was a reply to this thread I knew it would be you AND i knew what it would be about..........No folks I didn't put the hot 202 in the ute , but after a mystery top end problem manifested itself in the 186 I decided to ditch it and whack in another scrounge motor ( yeah I'll fix you up for it Grumpy)...seeings how there's a belly tank in the shed it was the driveway or the street........it rained, it was 8 degrees, I had to do a sump swap. Now just as I was pondering the most hassle free option as to how I was going to swap the sumps from the two motors and not get oil f'ing everywhere when I could only hoist one motor at a time I remembered that I had a sump stashed in the shed with the right oil pick-up in it. Phew, so I hoisted the 202 took off HJ sump changed the oil pick-up,and stuck the one I had in the shed on it , changed a few welsh plugs put a new front seal in it ......it was the grottiest motor I've ever seen, gave it a tub up and sat it down and hoiked out the 186, swapped the engine mounts, whipped off the waterpump and thermostat housing , off with the flex-plate( but not before I scared the last bolt out with a cold chisel). Then I head back the other way, take off the flywheel and put the flexplate on , bolt up the auto , realise I haven't put that metal spacer thing on , decide I'm not risking burring a flex plate bolt and so I punch the dowells out , put the metal spacer thing in , punch the dowells back in , put the auto back on .....hey , I'm winning here......hoist the 202 in balance it on the crossmember and move the chain so the angle is right to get it in . So, I'm standing there thinking " that doesn't look like it's gonna clear the drag link"........ In a moment of quiet contemplation I look at the motor in the engine bay and then at the motor I've taken out, then I look back at the motor in the engine bay . No I wasn't angry and no I didn't swear , it was no big deal that the motor was full of oil and sitting in the engine bay with a sump from an EH 179 on it and the sump that I needed which was substantially different in shape was sitting on the motor next to me that was filthy...full of oil and without any method of hoisting it.Oh yeah, and it was raining , not much but it was kind of chilly ..........

Chucking a tanty and screaming expletives would only have made the neighbors laugh.

On the bright side it started without too much trouble, then the gas solenoid wire came off and shorted out smoking the gas controller........

hey Grumm....

Rob

Post by Rob »

Doc,

Mother said there'd be days like this :wink:

Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.