Parachute, front and rear LS tyres

List Land Speed and Salt Lake items you want to buy here

Moderators: DLRA, WANTED

BIG GAZ

Parachute, front and rear LS tyres

Post by BIG GAZ »

After my first visit to the salt in 2005, I am now in the process of building my first land speed car, an XJ-S Jaguar with blown Cleveland power, C/BGMS, and need a chute and tyres. Anyone got any recommendations?
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Came across this today
http://www.motortrend.com/features/perf ... car_tires/

How fast did you want to go?
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

That last line is from Mad Max right?
I actually have purchased my land speed tyres, 23" and 28" front and rear. The chute can wait now until I start to fabricate the chute mount. Thanks for the site details.
I am building the car as a 200mph plus vehicle, using the mooted new SCTA rulebook changes, eg 5/8" studs front/rear, full floating rear end. I am having difficulty in finding someone who doesn't think they are God's gift to the fabrication industry eg 12 month waiting lists, unprofessional followup, ridiculous prices, so am thinking of doing the cage, rear end etc myself, using mild steel and TIG or MIG. I will keep you posted if your interested.
ben james

Post by ben james »

oh yeah w'ere interested gary. sounds unreal
ben :twisted:
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
momec

Post by momec »

Go for it Gaz, if you want it done your way do it yourself. I used the Peter Brock theory which is start learning from the back and build your way foward, so whatever falls off behind you does'nt matter.
Chris
Acme Racing #251
KeithTurk

Post by KeithTurk »

I am still snickering over that one Chris...

The basic advice is sound thou.... Nobody cares as much about your project as you do... so for the cost of a professional you can spend that money on a decent welder and grinder to notch with ... just take your time.

K