Removing passenger footrests

Moderator: DLRA

gnomester

Removing passenger footrests

Post by gnomester »

In section 7.5.1 Production Frame, paragraph 2) in part states .... Passenger foot rests must be removed.

Does the removal of the foot rests include the "V" shaped foot rest bracket that is connected to the sub frame on most modern sports bikes. The bracket supports the foot peg at the bottom of the "V" at somewhere close to 90 degrees I have seen some of these brackets mounted on bikes that bolt to the sub-frame but with my bike this bracket is welded onto the sub-frame.

Is it ok to remove this bracket as well as the foot pegs?

Thanks .. Chris
DLRA# 407
[i][b][color=red]Black Cockatoo Racing
[/color][/b][/i]
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

gnomester depends , if you are going to run in production no only footpegs . if you are running in modified yes , :D
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
gnomester

Post by gnomester »

Thanks Gary
I'm leaning towards keeping the bike eligible for production class so....

Can I replace some of the myriad of fairing screws with Dzuz fasteners. I will not be altering the "Height, width and contour" of any of the fairing pieces to fit the fasteners.
I would need to increase the diameter of the existing panhead screw holes to accommodate the fasteners by about 2mm. This increase in hole size will not be visible with the Dzuz fasteners in place as they have the same diameter head as the existing panhead screws.
The Dzuz fastener will require springs or brackets to fix them to the inside of the fairing or frame but will be concealed by the fairing when in place and not visible in the "external view".
The major difference in appearance between the two styles of fastener is that the existing screws are a hex panhead philips with chrome finish and the Dzuz have a blade slot and an annealed finish.

Sorry if this is a bit long winded but the style of screws used by Suzuki for the fairing are of a very soft steel and the hex head rounds out very easily. They are also just the right size to be picked up by, and puncture a tyre if one of them escapes :twisted:

Thanks Chris
DLRA# 407
[i][b][color=red]Black Cockatoo Racing
[/color][/b][/i]
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

chris no problemo, so long as it does not alter the "stock " shape
cheers
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200