Reynolds Tubing Source in Sydney

Moderator: DLRA

Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks Pete,

Tried to get you to stop yesterday when you went past too. Drop in this arvo if you can?

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Rob

Post by Rob »

PeterB wrote:The "young fella", Dave, mentioned to me last night that he had a source for CDS tube and asked me for your number

False alarm Pete, it was CDW.

Cheers,
Rob
Dr Goggles

Re: Reynolds Tubing Source in Sydney

Post by Dr Goggles »

mmmmm, I smell SPAM..........
So it was a CDW and not a CDS. They are not the same so you need a further research to find some information. You can try ebay if there are some items that are related.

there's a certain clunky rhythm to the writing, then there's the live link to a web-site at the bottom.

If you aren't a spammer James then tell us what your interest in LSR is, otherwise get a hobby
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
blownvn

Post by blownvn »

Dr Goggles wrote:mmmmm, I smell SPAM..........
So it was a CDW and not a CDS. They are not the same so you need a further research to find some information. You can try ebay if there are some items that are related.

there's a certain clunky rhythm to the writing, then there's the live link to a web-site at the bottom.

If you aren't a spammer James then tell us what your interest in LSR is, otherwise get a hobby
so suspicious :mrgreen:
vetteracer

Post by vetteracer »

I want SALTVETTE'S cage to be CAMS compliant. I have spoken to a Co. in Vic. which has in stock "1020 CDW Tube 350MPA Cams Compliant Dia. 44.45mm (13/4") Wall .120")"
I have their OK to put their name on our site- should I do this, or just let anyone interested send me a PM? I have used 1020 CDW 350mpa before- it both bends and welds easily. Can't get it now from either of the Qld sources I've used previously.
Regards, Denis
Rob

Post by Rob »

G'day Denis,

You can also get it from Performance Metals here in Sydney (Windsor). They don't do cold drawn seamless, hence the original quest but they will freight anywhere. If you go that way, yell if I can help as they are perhaps 10 minutes from me.

I had stalled awaiting a current SCTA rulebook which I now have thanks to Gary/Paul. Most of the cage specs are the same although I have not sat down and compared them word for word.

I had read CAMS cage specs some time ago and from memory they are pretty strict on certification, right down to photographing the cage to prevent later, non-certified modification.

Cheers,
Rob
vetteracer

Post by vetteracer »

Hi Rob-I have just finished the exercise. SCTA only require 15/8 tubing, and there other minor differences. The big one is SCTA3.A.3- forward, side, and rear helmet support, ie HANS or similar. Another is arm/leg restraints detail .Thanks for the offer of help, I will compare prices/freight, and order next week.
Redards,Denis
blownvn

Post by blownvn »

So did you end up finding the CDS?
Rob

Post by Rob »

Yep,

Per Bones and the Gary's posts on the previous page. D S McCullas at Alexandria. Pricing and delivery (Sydney) are in my following post there.

I am going to hook back in when I get back from the states.

Cheers,
Rob