Vp commodore GC mods

Moderator: DLRA

turbo RB

Vp commodore GC mods

Post by turbo RB »

I am currently building a Vp commodore with a 6.0l VE chev engine in it , that I am going to run in gas coupe . My question is in regards to frame mod's , I would like to notch / cut the frame for exhaust clearance , now I know gas coupe can have the exhaust going through the gaurds etc . but would like some input on mod's to the frame / rails
momec

Re: Vp commodore GC mods

Post by momec »

I can't see anything in gas coupe that says you can't cut the frame. Common sense of coarse with stength. My opinion only
Good motor choice. Best bang for your buck these days.
Chris
Acme Racing #251
nitro-nige

Post by nitro-nige »

Could hack everything forward of the firewall off and build a complete new tube frame from there?
Kinda like a Pro stock drag car?
turbo RB

Post by turbo RB »

The problem i have, is the most basic rule i have come accross in all other forms of motorsport, is that if it doesn't say that you can do it then you can not do it. Gas coupe is basically modified production and the rules are clear that the factory frame/chassis must remain in the stock location. I would agree if the car was a compition coupe or altered coupe that you could just hack the front off and start again.

Obveiously in gas coupe an engine swap is allowed and exhaust may exit through the fenders but how much frame/chassis/body mods can you do to fit a different engine and exhaust?