suspension points

Moderator: DLRA

Don Hudson

suspension points

Post by Don Hudson »

I am not sure how this applies to the suspension pickup points in my HQ, all rear suspension arms are boxed and the-bolt in points on the body are boxed. What further modification do I need? I already also have a 360 driveshaft loop

Thanks
Don Hudson
member no 417

4.5.14. Drive Lines: Open drive lines in the driver's compartment must be equipped with a protective covering. In all cars, the driveshaft shall be provided with a 360 degree metal sling at least 6mm by 25mm (1/4" x 1 "), attached securely and mounted in the front 25% of the driveshaft to prevent dropping or excessive whipping in the event of breakage of driveshaft or universal. Overrunning clutches (free wheeling) in drive lines are permissible in all categories. All traction bars and trailing links must have a metal sling near the front attaching point with a minimum of 6mm (1/4") diameter. This includes 4 link suspensions as used on many hotrods and more modern vehicles with coil sprung solid rear axles. Eg Commodore, Kingswood, etc) Torque tube (early Ford type) drive lines are exempt from the driveshaft sling requirement. If the rear wishbones are split and attached to the frame rails to act as traction bars, a 6mm (1/4") minimum metal sling is required.