SA Source for Safety Equipment

Moderator: DLRA

T-34

SA Source for Safety Equipment

Post by T-34 »

Need to start looking at sourcing clothing, lid, HANS, boots etc. Anyone know of a good source in SA? or have recommendations for interstate / overseas vendors.

I've enquired at a few of the mainstream outlets, but the price seems to be waaaaay over-flated.

TIA

Mick.
#809Image
Cookey

Re: SA Source for Safety Equipment

Post by Cookey »

Hi Mick,
I purchased my SFI-15 Suit, Boots & Gloves from Profox Racing
http://www.profoxracing.com/racing-suit ... kages.html
They have package deals going at present and all of their gear is newly rated with SFI so you are not buying gear that is already a year or 2 old stock.
Summit Racing are the best for helmets and other items such as belts and fire retardant underwear.
Like you I tried all of the local suppliers and can't possibly believe how much they expect you to pay!!
Still looking for a HANS type device but with my decision not to race in 2012 will wait for this.
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
T-34

Post by T-34 »

Cheers Cookey,

They look much more reasonably priced. Looks like pro fox will be getting my $$'s.

What's everyone using for HANS? been looking at the hybrid type setups, they look a whole bunch more comfortable than the more 'traditional' style supports. Anyone got experience of these or have any thoughts about pro's and con's?

TIA

Mick.
#809Image
IN2VWS

Post by IN2VWS »

Please jump in and correct me if I am wrong, but I think all HANS and other devices now have to be SFI rated, and is now a requirement to compete in Speedweek. So before you shell out any dollars on something more comfortable, make sure you are allowed to use it.
T-34

Post by T-34 »

The ones I've been looking at are rated to SFI 38.1, which correlates to the requirement of rule 3.A.3 - Driver’s Helmet Support.

(This one here) http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SAT-PR-LRG-11/

I just don't want to dish out a load of cash if they are either A. not as effective as the other style, or, B. not as good for some other reason.
#809Image
T-34

Post by T-34 »

(I'm prepared to ignore the fact that it looks like some kind of sports bra)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
#809Image
T-34

Post by T-34 »

Found some reading on HANS that mentions the Hybrid systems - http://www.stockcarracing.com/techartic ... ewall.html

Seems that SFI-38.1 is pretty stringent, and any HANS that meets it should be more than adequate.
#809Image