Info on D/PRO sedan

Moderator: DLRA

sled56

Info on D/PRO sedan

Post by sled56 »

I am looking for anyone running D/PRO sedan to give me some guidance on a Rooky build up of an EB XR8, I will be at the salt this year and was wondering if I can take some pics and pick a few brains before I start building the car.
Thanks in advance.
Rob

Re: Info on D/PRO sedan

Post by Rob »

Welcome to the board. A location will probably help find someone close to you.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

A good place to start is by chevking out the results from previou years looking for other PRO class cars, then click on the drivers name and it will take hou to their profile page. If I've done my job there will be photos of the car and hopefully some interior snd engine shots. From these you will be able to see how they are fitted out with safety gear etc.
Also check out the build pages to get some ideas.
And of course download the rulebook and start reading, cover to cover.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
sled56

Post by sled56 »

Have downloaded the rule book, good start but the roll cage info is a little light on, I,m in Mt Gambier SA and not aware? of anyone else here thats into land speed racing. I want the car to cover both cams spec for hill climb event here and to race at the lake so will try to locate some cams info from there web site as well. Can anyone shed any light on wether 40mm shed 10 mild steel pressure pipe is ok for cage construction? I,m a fitter and turner so will do the work myself if I can get it signed off for log book.
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

Sled,
The roll cage rule on page 16 (3.B.1) specifies "Minimum requirements for the roll cage structure and the roll cage structure braces are 1-5/8 in. O.D. round steel tubing with a minimum .120 in. nominal wall thickness...". That 1-5/8 inch is 41.3mm so your 40mm tube isn't big enough. Because your EB will weigh more than 2500lbs (1135kg) you'll also need to use the larger size floor plates mentioned (in 3.B Roll Cages) on the same page. Find some photos of V8 Supercar roll cages for inspiration. Enjoy the build but be prepared for it to take much longer and cost much more than you anticipated!

Cheers
Dave :D
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Be aware that if you intend to run in D/ (261ci to 305.99 ci) the max bore size you can use is about 4.020" with a stock 3.00" crank.This gives you 304.61ci

Common piston oversize is 4.030 or 4.040 and both of these will put you into C/ class engine.

4.030 will come out at 306.13"ci

Chris
Chris