MOTORCYCLE REAR WHEEL LET'S GO

Moderator: DLRA

BEN JAMES

MOTORCYCLE REAR WHEEL LET'S GO

Post by BEN JAMES »

gary just to let you know got the back wheel finished & it's not to heavy.
4.5" x 15 vw rim 10mm thick steel plate for the centre, large hole cut out in middle so my hub can bolt in and 7 holes cut into the centre to remove some of the weight. put on a mickey thompson front runner and the whole thing doesn't weigh much more than my stock ducati wheel with a tyre on it. pumped it up to 50psi reccommended pressure and it's got a nice arch across the top. bikes almost there now got a set of 38mm mikunis new from usa. will post a photo on this site when i figure out how to. also a message to ron stayt will run in either aps/g1000 or mps. bike only has stock z1000j motor in at present with 38mm mikuni flatslides and vance and hines pipe. will do complete rebuild after march meeting.
haven't decided which way to go yet. 1260 on methanol or turbo it. that 15 x 7 rim is a pudding basin style with no holes in it.
see youse in march.
ben
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

thanks Ben,,,,,,,,,,,lookin forward ta seein ya photos.....
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Ben well you will have some competition ,im on track so far with a APS-F 1000 for next march , very much experimental ,that Im building from scratch,its based around an old school RX1000 Kawka but highly modified running multipull stages of nitrous and methanol , wont know untill speedweek if its a goer or an expensive dud
I will be interested in checking out your wheels :D
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Ben, on another site you requested infomation on chains and sprockets. Have a look in the Melbourne phone book and get the numbers of "Renold" and "Tsubaki chains", give them a call, thay should be able to sell ya all the chain you need in one length,(go and see them, or get them to fax ya copys of there chain tech sheets, that way you can figer out exactly what ya want), if thay wont give you this info, i can supply it. I obtain chains from these companys outa Brisbane, no worries.
As for sprockets, i recomend John Titman Racing, #07-32074445,(Brisbane) in 20plus years of racing bikes, i have bought every sprocket from them, no worries. When i lived in Melbourne, i used Mick Hone M`cycles in Box Hill, i think thay may be out at Lilydale now, anywhay thay were good to deal with.
I have a formular here that tells ya how many links you need, bit of maths involved, if ya want to use it sing out....
BEN JAMES

Post by BEN JAMES »

THANKS FOR THAT INFO RON. WOULD LOVE TO GET THAT FORMULA FOR CHAIN LENGTH IF THAT WAS OK. ALSO THERE'S A PICTURE OF THE BIKE WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT IT ON AUS DRAGBIKE SITE. WILL BE UPLOADING MORE RECENT PHOTOS LATER THIS WEEK. AT THE WINTER MEET AT NORM'S MET A BLOKE WHO'S COMING NEXT YEAR WITH A 3 ENGINED 750 TRIPLE KWACKA BIKE THAT HE IMPORTED FROM THE US. HANGIN OUT TO HEAR IT. I THOUGHT THAT YELLOW RX7 SOUNDED RUDE, THIS THING SHOULD RESET THE BAR.
BEN
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

G`day Ben, i will send that formular soon as i figer out how too.

Interesting you mention that tripple,tripple. I had one back in the mid seventies,(3x 500cc H1 motors) an unfinished project that i purchased from Bob Proir, i never got it running due to having a young family, and no money. Is it the ex Denco bike from the States????. Lookin forward to hearing it waile across the salt.