suspension yea or nay

Moderator: DLRA

Greg Watters

Re: suspension yea or nay

Post by Greg Watters »

You better look for a recumbent pushy and learn how to ride again , that will feel weird for a while

nice shape at the rear

Would a neeler get you lower ? or is the turbo busa height limiting anyway , sort of got that way with the liner plans
to keep a good shape and clear plenums we ended up larger than i initially thought a 750 would need
harky

Post by harky »

I ride a recumbent road bike , and the sitting position takes alot of getting used to
the feed back and balance factor are verry different
keep on discussing this
all very interesting
harky
ps by road bike I mean push bike
aka i be doin the peddling
harky
DLRA #643
so far 120mph for$2000---imagine how fast I can go for $20,000
rgn

Post by rgn »

This will be interesting... It ticks a lot of boxes. If it is engineered like the first bike, I don't think it would be difficult to ride at all. Are you going to run hub centered steering to keep your frontal area to a minimum?

Bimota Tesi 1D (click thumbnail)
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

Garry, the shape of that looks pretty "home made" at the front. The BUB 7 streamliner is a much better shape at the front. I realise the legal opening for the rider would mess up the aerodynamics significantly, but you might as well start with something that works well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hEV92gBsoM

There are a couple of other videos of the machine and I'll bet you've seen them all!

Cheers
Dave :mrgreen:
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

DAVID : Rite but Wrong..
Yes the Bub streamliner front would be ideal for the project..with an added leg cut out..
But the rules would determin it as a dustbin type fairing ,which is currently not accepted in partial streamling class.
However the original FF rule did accept it ..
Doing some paper work could have the effect of rectifing this issue..
Grumm ?? Hawk ??

Ross.
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
hawkwind

Post by hawkwind »

Ross ....yes I know all about the previous rules re FF because I wrote them along with other rules for special construction outside of the SCTA rules ....as to them not being used is not quite correct ...Terry Ings made use of the rules and there were others in the process of making rides to fit those rules including myself...when the club decided to adopt the SCTA rules in total again these were made redundant.....yes I would like to see if there could be some leeway made for special construction partial streamlining ,very much along the lines of the 2010 TTXGP rules which were approved by the FIM through the efforts of Craig Vetter and Charlie Hennekam of the FIM which started in 2008 at a meeting at Bonneville .....these rules allowed dustbin fairings again for the first time since 1957....to read those rules go here http://craigvetter.com/pages/470MPG/TTX ... iring.html I'm willing to submit some rule changes and see where it goes :D

This pic shows a design of Craig's which was a modified fairing used in the mileage trials some decades ago....the other pic ( posted)which I'm basing my design on was also designed for that race series.
Attachments
2010-TTXGP-streamlining-530-web.jpg
2010-TTXGP-streamlining-530-web.jpg (17.76 KiB) Viewed 24841 times
Vehicle......................A new creation.
Designed by................Troglodyte.
Engineered/ built by......Rustic.
Financed by.................Nickles & Dimes.
Rider......................... Tardus Vetus Inflatio
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

I can't see how the Dustbin style fairings (like the one pictured) could be any more susceptible to cross wind induced handling problems than the current SCTA APS rule book allows ?
If you were to be hit by the dreaded invisible cross wind (something I experienced on the "Postie @ a diminutive 78 MPH , which tightened the sphincter while moving 1st the front wheel, then the rear, the full width of the track!) I would rather the force be shared by the whole bike, not the front end & ass as separate units.
I figure, when using a front 'guard which has it's sides filled in, when hit by a cross wind, unless the leading & trailing areas, in relation to the centerline of the steering axis , are equal, the forks will be turned by the wind,,, nasty stuff @ speed, unless it was intended.
Last edited by gennyshovel on Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Bit like this Tiny

Garys concept could hardly be called a dustbin if the bike has a limited frontal area like a streamliner
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

227mph from a OEM chassie and naturally aspirated WSBK spec 1000cc engine, :wink:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

I was thinking more like this,,,,
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
zork

Post by zork »

Would not gyro force come into that situation?
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

dose Bretts bike have rear suspenshion :?:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
rgn

Post by rgn »

Greg Watters wrote:Image
Australian Shane Kinderis (wearing straw hat) of Alpine Performance Centre and Crew chief at Next Gen Racing with ASBK riders Glenn Allerton and Ben Nicolson.
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

How about something like this? Is that legal? It sure is slick.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/62345/Mot ... -Leap.aspx

Cheers
Dave :mrgreen:
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Yes Shane lives not too far from me ,talked before but only met him at Bubs
He is doing some good stuff with the BMW teams , there back with a plan for this season , be very interesting to see just how fast that bike can get

David i like the foot and hand control positions :lol:
nice looking low profile smooth bike and then sit you up like a cruiser in the wind :roll: