it lives & breathes

Moderator: DLRA

BEN JAMES

it lives & breathes

Post by BEN JAMES »

got the the kawasaki riding under it's own power yesterday. did 6 laps up & down my court. open vance & hines pipe, the neighbors love me. bike ran really well. the 26x4.5x15 mickey thompson tyre ran really well. very controllable and you could steer the bike great. got 50 pounds in it & it has a nice arc across the top. next week or two doing some final adjustments. then i'll have to pull it apart to paint frame & motor. lookin great although i'll have to spend a few nights in shed to get it all done before march. only 3 months to go you guys. big thanks to hawkwind & staytie for all their help & graham handley who wired the thing up for me & dr goggles my resident engineer. it's gunna be a big kawasaki year in 06.
regards ben 8) 8) 8)
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Thats great Ben, heaps of time for sorting it out before March!

I have been getting comfortable on mine and sorting little probs at some local drag strips(non Andra so no special licence or inspection needed just a safety check on the day)
Heathcote has test and tunes every second Sat and having a bike arvo/eve on the 26 nov.
If you have it running ok for a short ride (1/4 mile) bring it along.

I also heard Dr Goggles has a bike licence now, :wink:
momec

Post by momec »

Well done Ben
Isn't it great the first time you let your experiment out of the shed.

Theres gonna be more bikes than cars the way you guys are going.
Keep at it Seeya Chris
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

goodonya ben 8) , i agree with gary, wander up to heathcote, you dont have to do the drag racing thing, just a few easy (building speed) passes, will be better than riding up and down your court... bring on the kawasaki`s a mate :lol: :lol:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Oh no... it could turn out to be a US Vs THEM year!!!!!!

ssssssshhhhhhh.... do those Kawa motors hang in there on the GREAT WHITE DYNO??????

we'll see

pssssssss hope they do and good luck as usual
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Hey Ben ain't it great when it all comes together , all that work and yee har a result :D :D grins all round see ya on the salt mate ,with another old school big K , man this is going to be the year of the bike :D :twisted: hey gazza what about them yammy orphans ??
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
momec

Post by momec »

THEM who carries the biggest nitrous bottle wins OK! :lol:
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

Post by DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281 »

C Hanlon wrote:THEM who carries the biggest nitrous bottle wins OK! :lol:

Yep you win Chris , with that big rocket launcher in the back of the ute . Gees at the back of which pub did you find that bottle .