Mickey Thompson ET's

Moderator: DLRA

Dr Goggles

Mickey Thompson ET's

Post by Dr Goggles »

Just noticed on the front tyres I had delivered that the usual bit about highway use said "for DRAG racing only"....any comments? have they been OK'd for the salt ?...it'd be a front bottom if they weren't 'cause they won't fit on the wheelbarrow and I can't put 'em on the trailer...I think I've seen people running them at the lake but maybe they were Frontrunners...
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Do they have a speed rating on them Sir? how fast do you estimate you might go??? there are stipulations in the rule book that need close attention.

for eg road race tyres are rated to 270km/hr --- they have soft walls and the carcuss is flimsy too.----- not reco.
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hi Gazza ,
Few "race" tyres have a rating 'cause they don't have a guarantee ,I know I can use Frontrunners , they come out of the same mould as Landspeeds but these , well , these is different they is .....

The usual speed rating is over an hour is it not ? ie: "the tyre will resist failure for one hour at this speed" or am I makin' that up in me head ? The word DRAG was what got me worried( make-up yes , dress no! :lol: )...those sort of races don't go for very long . As yet I haven't even slit the packing tape ..do I send 'em back???

BTW thanks for the reply on LSR Gazza...I was on a raz there...and ah , we have met Gazza , both the last two years...it's James...

Some-one must have the dope on this one , What about member 211 , have you sussed this one?

Dr Goggles
"OW! ..are you a real doctor?..."
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Who TF are ya... I found out the other day Googles--- must admit I like the sign on.

I dont like slicks because of their flimsy construction and the issue of heat build up and potential to blister. From what I have seen with the bikes that have gone over 200mph here in OZ all used road tyres rated at ZR. I believe the same can be said of the Bonneville bikes too -- that is up to 260mph.

I have seen a fair few sets of race slicks at the tracks that all have rated to 270km/hr on the plastic wrapper before the tyre is mounted --- I have a few sets at home incl some wets.
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Thanks Gary and Gaz ,
#%$&*$%#$ and $$$$$$$$$ :oops: :oops: :oops: .....it's not lookin' like an absolute no , but it doesn't look great does it.....Road tyres are just all wrong for us , we want cheesecutters( for gearing and clean shape) and they ain't in big demand for performance cars so the choices are limited to nil....so it looks like we have to shell for a second set of Goodyear LandSpeeds , a mere $1500 , that's $1500 I could use in any number of places( ...not Robinson Crusoe there Doc').....especially when we won't be troubling 200 for a while yet.

Is there any truth to the rumour that a use by date will be put on LandSpeeds? Was it 5 years?

.....less than three months to go........

...I need to G.T.F.O.W.I :shock:

Goggles
Reverend Hedgash

Getting on with it

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

I have looked at the M and H website mentioned in the above link.

Can anyone confirm that the M and H Frontrunners (skinnies) tyres are acceptable? In particular the following:

(zc) 3.6/24.0-15 (Skinnies) D.O.T. Certified

They are a lot less expensive than Eagles at $109US a piece...

Reverend H+
DLRA Member#412