dust free bike transport

Moderator: DLRA

ben james

dust free bike transport

Post by ben james »

hey guys, i'm working at peter stevens importers in melbourne. where i work in pre delivery, the hardly rideables, oops sorry i meant harley davidsons :P come in from us in these giant thick plastic bags. there rolled in and sealed at the top with tape. should work a treat. if anyone wants one, email me your postal address and i'll send you one. will probably cost me about 5 bucks for postage, so you can buy me a can of beam at the lake. also i need a fuel tank of about 4 litre capacity for my kawasaki as the drag tank is only about 2 litres. ive got a bit of room between the top frame rail and bodywork, but i can't fit a normal bike tank. was going to look at go cart tanks tomorrow night. any ideas you einsteins. also ronnie stayt your bike was in drags mag with hk monaro on cover, didn't have an issue no.
ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
Dr Goggles

Still there

Post by Dr Goggles »

just to re-attract attention to what is a pretty good idea .Ben and I are still both at Peter Stevens and there are lots of ah , um , people buying Harleys so if anybody wants one of those big poly bags to keep the dust of their scoot' then let us know.....they might even be good for body bags :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
outbacktrev

body bags

Post by outbacktrev »

Hi Dr, Ben etc.,
If you've got heaps of them there body bags maybe you could bring some over to cart the rubbish out of the camp in at the end of the meet. :idea: Or would that be wasting the bags? :?: Not suggesting that you should cart the rubbish but the bags could be useful for that :wink:
Cheers,
Trevor
#298 :!:
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Or to keep you dry Doc G
ben james

Post by ben james »

excellant idea trev, there pre tested rubbish bags, they've had harleys in them.
ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

So Ben,
Do I take it that you approve of the rubbish bag idea :idea: (as they have been pretested, as you pointed out) :wink: and that you may attempt to bring a few to the camp in 07' :lol:
Cheers,
Trevor
PS I don't own a Harley I've already got a "Clisby" in the shed :!:
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

"PS I don't own a Harley I've already got a "Clisby" in the shed"

I had me one of them there Clisby's

Both the wheels on one end, motor on the top, tank underneath, and when i got it , the handlebars faced the wrong way.

Grumm
ben james

Post by ben james »

me and dr goggs will bring a pile of them. i'll just shove them in the trailer with my bike as i don't put anything else in there.
ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Grumm,
sounds like you're riding the same model "Clisby" as mine. :lol: Mines red and 10cuft. :shock: Ben Sounds like a plan bringing them there bags. See ya! 07' :wink:
Cheers,
Trev