AS 1698 helmet, in or out for 2006 meet?

Moderator: DLRA

froggy

AS 1698 helmet, in or out for 2006 meet?

Post by froggy »

G'day forum members,

So what's the go with AS 1698 hemet for motobikes?
I have read most of the posts concerning the topic
but the most recent ones are 6 months old.

Sorry to have started a new thread on this subject,
(web administrator please delete if inappropriate).

cheers,

froggy
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Froggy , only snell 2000 for the next meet , there will be a dicussion on AS1698 helmets at the lake
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
froggy

Post by froggy »

Thanks hawkwind for the snappy and unequivocal response. cheers. froggy
SPOOK

AS1698 in or out for 2006 meet

Post by SPOOK »

Hawky, after the subject of the safety of the SNELL 2000 helmet that we must wear in DLRA competition surfaced about six months ago I suggested that we amend rule 7.3-A to give m/cycle racers the choice of wearing the AS1698 standed helmet.as soon as possible. So far the responce has been 100% positive both on the forum and also at the last General Meeting in Victoria. so what is the delay? It would greatly apreciated if we could have the choice of what I consider to be a safer helmet standard added to rule 7.3-A agreed to at the General Meeting in Victoria next sunday. Sadly I cannot attend but hopefully other concerned members could speak on my behalf. Cheers Russell #413.
hawkwind racing

Spook a couple of things I dont have the authority as far as Im aware to make those changes , the race director and or chief scrut can ,including on race day , I will try and contact either and see what they think , BUT do bring a snell 2000 helmet if it does not transpire :wink:
It may have been dicussed at the last Vic. members meeting ,was there a motion passed allowing the use of AS helmets ? if so I have not been informed of any decision either way , but remember the best place to dicuss this is at the annual general meeting ,where all members and states are represented :wink: I have an agenda to bring we me to that meeting and if voted on and approved , many changes are in the wind and it will allow the motorcycle blokes a say and part in those changes , I will need experenced blokes like yourself to form a rules and technical committee , be patient :)
Gary
SPOOK

AS1698 IN OR OUT FOR 2006 MEET

Post by SPOOK »

Hawkey you are correct neither you or the Race Director or the Chief Scrute have the right to amend a competion rule 7.3-A It may be changed by majority vote at a General Meeting.I will be attending the race meeting without a Snell helmet, therefore, not racing.In the past I performed the duties of Corner steward, Traveling Marshell, Machine Examiner, Eligibility Scrute, Moto Gp Scrute and Steward of The Meeting. for the Auto Cycle Union of Victoria. I was also Promotions Officer on the ACUV committee for a couple of years. Maybe I can be of some help at the Lake in march? Cheers Russell #413.
ben james

Post by ben james »

c'mon spook that bikes gorgeous, i'd be able to get you a snell helmet at cost through work.
ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
hawkwind racing

spook what size mellon ya got , I will lend you one if needed , you may still be able to use a AS :wink: so bring that scoot along :)
Gary
SPOOK

AS1698 helmet,in or out for 2006 meet?

Post by SPOOK »

Gary and Ben. Thank you both very much for your offer of help and support. The cost of the crash hat is not a problem for me at all. After reading the articles in both MOTORCYCLIST [USA] June 2005 and ROADRIDER [AUST] Dec. 2005 I came to the conclusion that I will not wear Snell 2000 under any circumstances. I do not consider the helmets safe. Years ago I had a bad motor cycle accident when riding pillion, and not my fault. I sustained a smashed knee, handlebar lever through shoulder and severe concussion and coma. The brain damage has resulted in vast memory gaps in the earlier years of my life. I hope you understand and look forward to seeing you both again at the lake in march. Thanks again Russell #413.