ronnie stayt

Moderator: DLRA

ben james

ronnie stayt

Post by ben james »

hi ron, what a spew you missed out on that record by 0.7 mph. was just wondering was your swingarm extended and did you have any ballast on the bike.
regards
ben james
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Ronnie went 204 on thurday, whats the record???
ben james

Post by ben james »

g'day dirty
record is 204.603 held by gary petersen set in 2004 on his busa.
ron did a 204.000 still the first kwacka over 200 at the lake.
regards
ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

that would be .603 then :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :?: :shock:
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

hay :!: just found this , o.k. i had entered the meeting as mps/g, but because i wasn`t sure of my fuel (petrol?) , shell r100, i changed my class to mps/f, that was on wendesday arvo ,,, the powers that be have been notified, and are going through the motions now ,, when everything checks out, this will give me the 1350 mps/f record, so i am happy regardless :D
my swingarm was 5" over (was supposed to be 6", but stuffed up), no, had no ballast, am working on ballast calculations,,
i was geared for 247 at redline (11500), and was running just under the stutter,, heres a point of interset, i am a bit dirty on myself because i was lazy on the run up and was too slow coming into the 3 mile (180), then i started backing down approx 200yards before the 6 mile, and had washed off speed, so :?: all my sums tell me that she`s good for 217 (but not on that mashed potatoe), hope we have good hard salt next year where, with ballast we`ll see :?:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
DirtyDave

Tyres

Post by DirtyDave »

Ron, If you give Mickey Thompson a ring they might be able to knock you up a set of mashed potato tyres before next year, made from ground up kitchen utensils.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

brillant :!: , and use a sausage for a tube 8) ," will that be bangers and mash, with a pinch of salt, sir" :?: :lol:
ben james

Post by ben james »

u guys have had a few beers good on ya
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Down here in South Oz sausages aren't that big, Ronnie have you got it mixed up with the Double ended big red fred you have hidden inthe closet, :roll: :wink: :?:
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

yeah it was friday nite :? ,, i aint got nothin to do with closets mate :)
firemanjim

Post by firemanjim »

We just needed a bit more duct tape on Ronnie and his bike and he would have been MUCH faster.
It was a real pleasure meeting you, Ronnie, and watching the steady improvements you made on each run.And of course,the look on your face when you went 204--- 8)
Dr Goggles

Donald

Post by Dr Goggles »

firemanjim wrote:We just needed a bit more duct tape on Ronnie and his bike and he would have been MUCH faster.

.....can't have enough Duck tape on a Kwaka.. :lol: :lol:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

thanks jim, duct tape, where would a racer be without it :?: also a big thankyou to jon, joe, john and those older gentleman from ack`s mob, your assistance through comments was/is much appricated, i learnt so much from this one event, but still know very little about getting a bike to run hard on salt :?
also a big thankyou to the aussie blokes who contributed in the lead up to this years event, that is, russell, for the gps, dave hall, advice on head work, alex buxton from lae racing in brisbane, he done the remap along with dyno work/time, dale and his team at xtreme kawasaki (local kawasaki dealer) who helped lighten the finicial load, wane irvine, long time mate and the only bloke i trust to work on the bike when i`m not there, and last but not least mark burrows, a local from mackay who rocked up on the salt late tuesday arvo and said "do you need a hand stayt`ie", he will be back with me next year 8)
hay jim, i`m still smile`in :lol: :lol: :lol:
ben james

Post by ben james »

hey ronnie have you checked your private messages
ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.