Question, M`cycle Partial Streamlining???

Moderator: DLRA

Stayt`ie

Question, M`cycle Partial Streamlining???

Post by Stayt`ie »

in the latest version of the motorcycle rules i have a querie regarding sestion 7.F.12,

the message i get from the first paragraph is that i must run the orginal or EXACT body panels on my zx12...
in the next small paragraph, it finishes with the words "that were not so originally equipted". then the next paragraph goes on to explain what you can and cant do,,
i read this rule as "if you have bodywork (from the bikes manufacturer) that effects airflow, you may not add or subtract from it" ,,,, however if i wish to run an old z1, i could fit u`buet aerowork (within the rules of course) and go fast...
i guess the question is,, "can i add aero packages to my zx12, and be legal in modified production class :?: :?:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
hawkwind racing

rule meaning

Post by hawkwind racing »

Ronnie what its saying is you can use OEM fairings or exact replicas for the model bike you are using ,that is because the OEM or exact replica may fall outside of the ' partial streamlining rules ' EG the tail section may extend past the rear tyre or it may enclose your legs or more than your forearms , so this allows you to run that oem streamlining ,but if you chose to run 'oem /replica' that is all you can run .You also have the choice to run non OEM and if you do so it must conform to the partial streamlining rules, this is for MPS only as APS is different again
hope this makes it a bit clearer
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

ok, i see what ya saying, thanks garry :)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Its still not that clear to me as well Ron.

Gary, can you ammend the wording in the rules in "clearer" english somewhat like you mentioned above to ensure clarity wrt the MPS class.
thanks

also the "gas" rules are not workable I'd suggest wrt fuel type and testing.
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice