Bathurst 09

Moderator: DLRA

momec

Bathurst 09

Post by momec »

Just back from Bathurst and apart from blowing my own horn (cause no one else will) l'm officially claiming a new record as the engine builder with the most engines to run the mountain at one event. :?

I've had 25 ute motors, 2 Lambos, 1 Porsche and 1 Fujitsu Supercar and the whole bloody lot finished there respective races. Great weekend and cold as hell, really glad its over.
Chris :D :D :D
Acme Racing #251
Rob

Post by Rob »

Good on you Chris,

Nine out of the top ten being Holdens has to be a record too.

Now if only you could build just one more before March :wink:

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Chris

I was up on the mountain on Saturday... was looking for you but missed out.

I was going for Whincup until be bumped Bargwanna near the end. Barg's almost got a podium as well! He may have had some of your work still in his engine??? Can you claim credit for that?

Lynchy
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Bloody well done Chris :D
See ya March 2010 :lol:
Cheers,
Trevor :roll:
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Well done Chris , thats a whole lot of motors .
Oh by the way its " blow your own trumpet " not horn :lol:
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Um Bathurst . I watched a bit of it , and it was wet just like NZ .
I am a bit old school , and saw the 1st of the races on TV in 1961 , the forerunner of Bathurst , the Armstrong 500 ( miles that is ) held @ phillip Island .
Yesty , I got out a video of Bathurst 1975-85 . Golly things have change the main straight has got a bend , theres a seperate pit lane , safety barriers all around and pace cars . Ok all in the need of safety , but hollyheck what really amuses me is , all the pit crews in helmets , what a wank , or is that a safety issue cos they go running around and have head ons with each other , ought to send them out to the salt for a week to become blokes again .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Don

It all seems to have become an OH&S issue these days. There was a bit of debris on the track on Sunday and they brought out the safety car so that they could pick it up. Back in the good old days a marshal would have jumped the fence and grabbed it. I did notice though that none of the drivers hopped out of the car and put their hi vis vest on - tut tut!
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Great stuff Chris, you should feel very proud.

When i was a kid, I remember an early in-car shot going around the top of the mountain with the driver talking to the host when around a corner he nearly piled into the back of the flatbed driving around the top of the mountain with a car on top being taken back to the pits.

Very impressive his avoidence of the truck and of expletives too.

Safer these days, and closer racing because of all the safety cars which is not a bad thing I guess.

Enjoyed the race but the whole Russel Crowe legend stuf about the race was a bit over the top when they have reduced it to just another V8 Supercar round with two types of closely handicapped cars. It's a different race now that's for sure.

I didn't like it much when the Jags came out and just walloped everybody either...

Reverend H
DLRA Member#412
momec

Post by momec »

Thanks for the unadulterated praise guys, Yeah Don I think your right maybe that should have been trumpet.
The helmets on the pit crew are multi purpose, it allows them to sleep without being noticed while they wait for the mayhem when the car comes in. Its a very long day after an exhausting week for most of the crew guys.
Lynch you shoulda called.
I,m happy l got a Lamborginini hat.

Chris
Acme Racing #251
penny

bathurst in car

Post by penny »

when you watch this for the second and third time you will note how many makes actually raced there over time enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diQ2YJQtXK8
DON NOBLE

Re: bathurst in car

Post by DON NOBLE »

penny wrote:when you watch this for the second and third time you will note how many makes actually raced there over time enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diQ2YJQtXK8

Thanks for that Paul , ah the good old days stuff , I would go to Bathurst to watch that . :lol:
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
Dr Goggles

Riverdance

Post by Dr Goggles »

DON NOBLE wrote:Oh by the way its " blow your own trumpet " not horn :lol:

yeah right, apparently Michael Flatley can do that :shock: :oops:

Congrats Hano, now pay off that shack so you can race........
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

yeah right, apparently Michael Flatley can do that

and a very disturbing video that was too............ :shock:

Chris

If you've got free time........... and a will to build a V12.................. and join another race team........ :P

I can think of someone you could help...
momec

Post by momec »

Lynch
Now lets get this perfectly clear. I will have a go at virtually any motor and have built lots and lots in my time. Some have been a challenge and some have scared the shit out of me, the first Porsche 997 I pulled to bits took me 3 weeks solid work (and a period where l gave up) to work out the secret of how they assembled the barrels over the pistons. Only Porshe factory guys and a few very stubborn determined people will every know that secret and I will carry it to my grave.
You can shove your Jag up your bottom cause fortunantly l have my limits and know some things only a screwed up Pom with antisocial psyhcotic tendences would attempt and a Jag V12 is one of them. You can pick them they can be found in little sheds in back lanes of run down suburbs, they mumble to themselves and appear not to notice what you have just said and have no conseption of time. They tuck there shirt in one side of there trousers (that they were married in) and struggle to pere through the filthy horn rimmed glasses. There may be dribble out of one side of there mouth and they will point to the only clear patch of floor. That is where you leave the motor.
Good luck with that
Love Chris
Acme Racing #251
OLDPOP

Post by OLDPOP »

Sorry can not help myself Jag V12's are good only thing missing is the big eye bolt on top to tie the anchor rope to

LOL

Oldpop