Dyno- Methanol

Moderator: DLRA

Stayt`ie

Dyno- Methanol

Post by Stayt`ie »

The fella that used to do my Dyno work has shut up shop, :( , so im looking for a person who is compedient in tuning Methanol (on dyno) with a EFI bike,, would prefer somewon in Queensland, but would be prepared to go into northern NSW if i had too,, suggestions :?:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
AuotonomousRX

Re: Dyno- Methanol

Post by AuotonomousRX »

Hey Ron

ProCycle Dyno http://www.procycledyno.com.au/ in Brisbane run by Andrew "Fred" Badcock.
He helped me out big time getting the RGV/Aprilia sorted.

Pete
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
JonB

Post by JonB »

If you come down and want somewhere to crash your welcome at mine Ronnie.
Not flash but the price is right.

jon
DLRA#1115
Underhouse Engineering
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Pete, i was wondering who had done your bike, am impressed with your numbers, too back that up, a mate from up here had ProCycle tune his 2012 ZX14 and thay got 211 at the wheel :D ,,
also have been told that thay have Alex's (LAE) dyno, this is the dyno that i used in the past which would give comparable readings (all dynos differ), 8) ,,
what concerns me a bit is that there seems to be no one "really" experienced with Alcohol and its quirks, i was hopeing that there might be somewon (speedway orintated) out there who had this knowledge and a dyno in there backyard :wink: :lol:,,
anywhay Freds deal is lookin good so i guess i'll give him a call , 8) ,,

Jon, thankyou for the offer, but usually my mate who works up over the hill here picks it up after tour, on his way home to Childers, then delivers it down to the big smoke,, plan to pick it up when i go thru Brisbane to be with family at Christmastime,, :) ,,,
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

Hey Ron

Yeah Fred is ex Pro Stock Bike Champ and does a number of Drag Bikes both Turbo and N/A and knows EFI inside out. Is Speedway Tune usually Mechanical Injection?

Give him a call and see what you think.

I did my own Tuning, Fred did the Dyno runs, very professional, we run the engine in, on the Dyno and on of the following sessions, he went through the same warm up routine each time. Internals are perfect after 39 runs in total, Fred's advise was invaluable, I made a few stuff ups in my set up not the Tune that did not allow the engine to rev, Power Vales, Ignition Timing etc. Changed Compression and all good.

I have watched him Tune a bike that was supposed to be already "Tuned". He got a much smoother curve and found a couple of extra horses through out the rev range :D

Pete
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

[quote="AuotonomousRX"]
Yeah Fred is ex Pro Stock Bike Champ and does a number of Drag Bikes both Turbo and N/A and knows EFI inside out. Is Speedway Tune usually Mechanical Injection?

no, its just that all the sidecar boys use Methanol and there has to be a wealth of knowledge amoungst them, allbeit carburated,, no one at the moment that i know is using it in EFI, so i feel as though im on my own,, plenty are using all of the other ozgeneated fules (chemical poisions, :lol: ) that are around these days,,,

ive bumped shoulders with Badcock in the staging lanes at Willowbank but never got to meet him,, soon will,, will give him a call this week,,, :D ,,,