ronnie stayt ru out there

Moderator: DLRA

BEN JAMES

ronnie stayt ru out there

Post by BEN JAMES »

g'day ron, was wondering if you knew the final drive ratio of z1000j fifth gear. trying to work out my gearing and i can't find it in my manual.
regards
ben james
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

G`day Ben, 4th = 27/23 - 1.173
5th =26/25 - 1.040

do you know for sure that it is a j box ?, cause being a ex dragbike it could have an early modle z box,, 4th = 1.38 - 29/21
5th = 1.22- 28/23

I would suggest droping your sump and counting the teeth, theres a big differance in top end speed between the two, better to know and never asume....
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
BEN JAMES

Post by BEN JAMES »

geez that was quick ron. ta for the info. the motor is straight out of my z1000j roadbike which has become a donor bike for my dragbike.
dragbike didn't have motor when i bought it. coming along very well. picking up a nice ported head with webb cams and 1075 kit from a bloke in warnembool next week, yeeha. gettin a chubby
ben
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Ben Iwould think twice before using a 1075 kit as this will put you in the 1350 engine class the max you can go to is 1035 for the 1000 class ,you can over bore 1.5 mm for recon old blocks ,(unless it is for drags only )
good to here all is comming along :D
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Ben, when you get your cams, make sure you get the recomended index figures (lobe centers). If you cant get them at least get the cams number, that way you stand a better chance of tracking the index`s down. Cams have to be dialed in to achieve there max. performance, you can adjust them either side of the recomended lobe center`s to achieve either better torque or horsepower, aim for torque. I agree with Garry`s advice above, not only will a bigger bore put you closer to the 1350cc break, it will also aid torque, due to rod/stroke ratio. However if your committed to the 1075 motor, go for it......
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,