Fuels

Moderator: DLRA

Greg Watters

reading material

Post by Greg Watters »

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/vp_01_fuel ... 10C8595096

VP doesn't list an Australian distributor in there index , but i know of local stockists

http://www.racegas.com/

http://www.racegas.com/distributormap/default.asp
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Hawkwind Wrote
hawkwind racing Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:15 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gazza this topic will be dicussed at the annual general meeting ,and prolly at the Vic meeting after christmas , 2 suppliers have shown some interest but require a lot more information before formalising some sort of agreement ,and on the DLRA side of the coin it would need to be benificial and in our interests as well ,Im just trying to get the ball rolling
Gary

thanks Gary, as always appreciate the effort you put in on many fronts and also getting this issue on the table and hopefully a resolution.

Greg , thanks for the links, there are also other petrol companies that supply "race" petrol. Elf and Sunoco are a couple. There are many other companies out there apart from VP who at this point in time isnt willing to help us in our quest to run a petrol that meets the spec. I say look else where .
The other issue is that I wouldnt like to see competitors who run on the salt in the Gas class be compelled to run a petrol that will end up with a loss of power. For many the premium unleaded petrols are fine. Following on from this virtually all the std unleaded commercially available petrols thru out OZ would NOT PASS the DC spec of 2.3 WHY... because of the ETHANOL content
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
SPOOK

Engine Developement and Performance.

Post by SPOOK »

I was of the opinion the Ethanol content was nil,whats goen on? As usual I am confused. Cheers Russell.
momec

Post by momec »

G'Day
Thanks Greg thats all informative reading and both sunico and VP seem to have what I require. I'll continue to research.

Heh do you know about cutting that grass the perfect combo is the smell of race fuel and a cold stubby on each corner post.

Seeya Chris
alphabet

Post by alphabet »

::
Last edited by alphabet on Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

simple question :) what is the DC of Shell Aviation Gasoline 100 ?. :?
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

If its unleaded there's a good chance its higher than 2.3 judging by the listed shell fuels(most unleaded at or above 100 seem to have ethanol or hi levels of mtbe bringing the DC above 2.3) , but the list is US based and if that fuel is manufactured here the only way to be sure would be to get some testing equipment,
I have been thinking of buying a test kit, and making it availible so people can know what they are using, the Ridgenet kits are not all that expensive.
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Time is getting closer to the meet, hence is there a position from the DLRA on what "petrol" will be Ok to run in the GAS class? or will it be anything and no regulation / enforcement as has been the situation in the past.
Very much the apprentice
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

Post by DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281 »

Ok heres another spanner in the works .
i,ve been reading a bit on ETHANOL 10 . In fact i,m running the red wagon on it now . It comes out the bouser so does that still make it legal to run in a GAS class . I,ve read independant tests and it gave more power , mainly cos you can advance the timing a few more degrees . ANY COMMENTS .
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Ethanol has a lower Calorific value than normal fuel Don -- hence you have less energy available. It will however provide a small Octane improvement. You need to verify on a dyno beforehand and adjust A/F along with advance.... time consuming.... and expensive.

good luck

ps can you run it in the GAS class this year??? --yes
Very much the apprentice
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

ok thanks for that . i am now running 4 degrees more advance at the drags , no sign of knocking . i have a little piggy back ecu which tells me many things going on inside the engine , like knocking (pinging ) is one of them . also i run an air fuel ratio gauge . also i can adjust the fuel up of down up to 50 % at any of 12 different rev points i have nominated . ah lectronics mazing stuff , am on big learning curve . your right dyno would be ideal to set it . in a recent test of a nissan skyline gtr they got an extra 22 rwkw by switching to ethanol 10 , adjusting a/f ratio and timing advance .
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Interesting.
Very much the apprentice
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

OK HERES ANOTHER ONE . Shell has released for sale at the pumps OPTIMAX EXTREME , 100 Octane which i believe is 5 % Ethanol . My bet is that it will replace Optimax 98 . So far in Sth East Qld its only available at a few Coles Express servos , building up to about 10 by the end of the year . Its on their website www.shell.com.au/extreme