MAP Sensor

Moderator: DLRA

harky

Re: MAP Sensor

Post by harky »

ok up date
the manual give voltages for the AP and IAP sensors , both have the same Spec --- but both refer to voltage change when VAC is applied ,( starting @ O --sea level and going to 3000m ) so are for Altitude and Atmospheric
change -- IE not for POS pressure adjustment
So to answer my own question --- No these oem sensors would not do what we are after
The suggested sensors are flying their way here as we read !!
harky
harky
DLRA #643
so far 120mph for$2000---imagine how fast I can go for $20,000
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Late seeing this Harky

For a motec they will have calibration available for various sensors, very easy to find in the software and choose a sensor from the list, usually a gm/delco sensor of some sort
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

ok fellas, advice needed,, my battery volts gague is showing 12.5-12.8 volts with the motor running,, the Wego111 has a analog wire with 0-5v output,, the DigiKey #MPX5010DP pressure sensor requirs 4.something volts,,, on the sensor we have a ground(no problem), we have a V out(to Wego?) and a 5V supply,, im thinking that i need a resistor to bring 12V down to 5V in the supply wire, am i correct :?: , and if so what resistor do you recomend :?: ,,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

have often used the current 5v sensor supply , and sensor gnd , tps or original map sensor are a good clean power source in the right voltage Ronnie
hawkwind

Post by hawkwind »

Ronnie .......I need the current draw of the device to calculate the dropping resistance .

some simple formulas to work it out Ohms law ..... for voltage drop resistor value R=V/I R=resistance in ohms V= voltage and I = amps ( current draw) to work out the wattage of the resistor needed P=I squared R P= watts I squared = amps squared and R= resistance

some examples if device uses 1 amp you need a 7 ohm resistor of 10 watts ....... 0.1 amps 70 ohm resistor 1 watt 0.001 amps 700 ohm half watt 0.001 7K ohm quarter watt.

you can also use a linear voltage regulator 12vdc to 5vdc http://cpc.farnell.com/1/3/12v-to-5v-voltage-regulator

or as Greg suggested use the existing 5v supply that's there but check the current draw of what you are using so you don't exceed the 5v supply current rating I don't believe map sensors draw to much current.
Cheers
Gary
Vehicle......................A new creation.
Designed by................Troglodyte.
Engineered/ built by......Rustic.
Financed by.................Nickles & Dimes.
Rider......................... Tardus Vetus Inflatio
JrZook

Post by JrZook »

Greg Watters wrote:have often used the current 5v sensor supply , and sensor gnd , tps or original map sensor are a good clean power source in the right voltage Ronnie
This is going to be your best solution. The ECU has a nice filtered 5V supply that is required for sensors. The current draw from this MAP is negligible so I wouldn't worry about that. I would recommend using both the existing sensor 5V supply and ground from the ECU for this.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Update,,, i was going to have the sensor hooked up and sorted on my dragbike,, however ive sold the dragbike and have just got around to wireing the sensor via the Wego Data loger into my LSR bike,, all appears to be working fine at idel, showing 15" of vacume :) ,, first run down the course will be the "true" test, 8) ,,

big "Thankyou" to all on here for your advice, :D ,,

hows yours looking Harkey :?: ,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
harky

Post by harky »

Ronnie
I have it and the rest of my M84 (motec ) wired up on my Busa ( A-G )
That wont be going to Lakre G this year
I havnt done any programming of it , still doing the cooling ( behind me ) system --- thats close to adding water
Have my old GPZ ready for Launch , and a "lakes "trailer ( that I took 12 months to make ) is getting some "re work "---- aka it WILL be dust proof no matter
how long it takes !!!
will be interested to see , look @ our MAP sensors in action --- they sure dont take up any room
seeyasoon
harky
harky
DLRA #643
so far 120mph for$2000---imagine how fast I can go for $20,000
JrZook

Post by JrZook »

Good to hear some success guys