Commodore Valuables

Moderator: DLRA

Dr Goggles

huh

Post by Dr Goggles »

Do you mean that motor that someone has already wasted probably a week, likely more on the phone talking to people and trying to work out the ways we could actually USE it in the car?...where we'd get a bell housing so we could use the shortened gearbox?......which I WOULD then have to make a manifold for , and a new scattershield, possibly a new water tank, a new cowl, buy a new billet flywheel, clutch, loom , ecu, alternator......and then a new exhaust and ....this one is just a trifle....pay for it...

oh that motor...... :roll:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
blownvn

Re: huh

Post by blownvn »

Dr Goggles wrote:Do you mean that motor that someone has already wasted probably a week, likely more on the phone talking to people and trying to work out the ways we could actually USE it in the car?...where we'd get a bell housing so we could use the shortened gearbox?......which I WOULD then have to make a manifold for , and a new scattershield, possibly a new water tank, a new cowl, buy a new billet flywheel, clutch, loom , ecu, alternator......and then a new exhaust and ....this one is just a trifle....pay for it...

oh that motor...... :roll:

LOL
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Doesn't Ross have 6 cams???
momec

Post by momec »

Heh Grumm. Did ya catch anything? :lol: :lol:

Chris
Acme Racing #251
momec

Post by momec »

Sorry Doc yes you passed, go to the front of the class with....
um to be honest l'm just adding hits to Commodore valuables, bit of a fan now, more the curiosity value to see if we can get 100,000 hits.
If we continue to bullshit enough on this thread we'll make it.
Chris
Acme Racing #251
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

[quote="Dr Goggles"]Do you mean that motor that someone has already wasted probably a week, likely more on the phone talking to people and trying to work out the ways we could actually USE it in the car?...where we'd get a bell housing so we could use the shortened gearbox?......which I WOULD then have to make a manifold for , and a new scattershield, possibly a new water tank, a new cowl, buy a new billet flywheel, clutch, loom , ecu, alternator......and then a new exhaust and ....this one is just a trifle....[i]pay for it...[/i]

oh that motor...... :roll:[/quote]

Blah blah blah
Yep that one
And you know what Chris
He will not take it to his place and he will not let me put it on ebay
G
Last edited by grumm441 on Fri May 28, 2010 8:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
They make it
I make it work
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

WOW :shock: :shock:
I'm struggling to keep up. :?
Back up,
Back up a bit !

"OIL ACCUMULATOR " Interesting yet absurd sounding contraption !

Could it be like something similar to the "Golden Infinite Probability Generator" that project100 enlightened us about on a different thread in a distant galaxy. :shock:
curiosity is getting to the cat!

Dont tell me it's the sump. :oops:
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

ROSS BROWN wrote:WOW :shock: :shock:
Back up,
Back up a bit !

Could it be like something similar to the "Golden Infinite Probability Generator" that project100 enlightened us about on a different thread in a distant galaxy. :shock:

Oil accumulator, flux capacitor , energy polariser, improbability drive
They make it
I make it work
blownvn

Post by blownvn »

ROSS BROWN wrote:WOW :shock: :shock:
Back up,
Back up a bit !

It's a pressured oil resevoir that comes into play if the engines oil pressure should drop.

Read about them here. cheap insurance for an engine.
http://www.stockcarracing.com/techartic ... index.html
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

"OIL ACCUMULATOR"
Hate to be holding class back :(
BUT........
The first link showed no pictures. (and I do need pictures :roll: ) MORSO has link at the bottom of the page , then type in accumulator and so it appears . valveing system and manaul handle to operate seems somwhat of a primitave arrangement. Meaning that your not to forget to get out of the car at the end of the run & with engine still running turn the accumulator off & remember to turn the sucker back on before starting the engine back up. ( AS IFFFFF... ) so engine will not get drain back while switched off. This could be remedeed with ignition acctivated servo motor or solenoid . (WHERE DO YA STOP )
All in all not a bad idea,
But I do believe one should not fix a problem by adding another one !
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Not sure how Moroso intends it to be used but the accumulators i am used to working with in hydraulic systems are just a reservoir with an air bladder , mostly used as shock damping in hydraulic systems but could be a source of oil under pressure (depending on bladder pressure ) if the main supply lost pressure.
Dr Goggles

you beaut

Post by Dr Goggles »

These

and these

are gonna make this...

go grouse!........

time to decide on a new cam and buy some solid lifters.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

grumm441 wrote: And you know what Chris
He will not take it to his place and he will not let me put it on ebay
G
Jeez Colonel, you know If it comes to my place it'll only get sand in it :roll:
blownvn

Post by blownvn »

You'll need different rockers if you're going for solid lifters. Personally I had no luck with those rockers, I stuffed two before going back to the standard rocker gear, which as the time didn't hurt my performance at all.
Dr Goggles

more

Post by Dr Goggles »

Give us the skinny Scotty, you told me you "embedded" the push-rods in them?...so, the solids are too unforgiving?.......do tell, in long hand too.....

ta.