Moderator: DLRA

hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

:cry: I had better put my P-18 project to rest :oops:
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
Dr Goggles

Roger Moore

Post by Dr Goggles »

The Saint!!!!....as opposed to Bens' Vulvo that would be the world's COOLEST tow-car!!! ..............speaking of hobbys ,further back in this thread I mentioned the bloke who "just likes takin' things apart.." yeah? well I forgot to mention that his wife said.."Oh , he works like a maniac..sometimes he's out here at two in the mornin' , rattle gun , compressor , the neighbours go mental"
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Whats a neighbour??

Dr G not far from a little place called "one ewe"
Dr Goggles

It's a terrible TV show.

Post by Dr Goggles »

Yeah I knew you're at "Two me ,Three them"(as my old man called it) ,I meant are you gonna scare the yanks? who's the other rider?and speakin' of quick where's '414........
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Scare the yanks :lol: dont know, if i get the weight and suspension right the bike has a lot more in it. How much more ????
Other rider is a friend who would have been there last year but for the conflict with the classic racing calender, this will be a change of pace.
:twisted:
Dr Goggles

Ouch

Post by Dr Goggles »

...took a long stride BACKWARDS yesterday . It started with "Ok , let's knock this harness bizzo over today! "....we'd laid it all out and it looked good , put threaded bungs in the rear cage uprights for the shoulders , put another one into the lower frame rail on each side. The double thickness part of the side belt stopped it adjusting up any further...well short of where it would do for 73kg's of Doctor Goggles .When the bottom of the seat is at the bottom of the car and that's 50mm off the ground , there ain't a lot of places to go....buggery seemed a good destination at 3pm yesterday .Coupled with this was the curious location of the frame rails (? you?, me? , ?) neither of us could remember why they were like they were .It seems in order to be as wide as possible they weren't as low as possible....TCALSS...we cut 'em off and replaced them , we'll also need to re-do the lower front frame as a result...it gave us about two inches more length on the belts , barely enough .
....the atmosphere was a little down , we went and had a beer , and a kebab( :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ) followed by some more beer. My insides hurt , but I'm goin' out there now to have a little chat with the car.
Dr Goggles

Belt up!

Post by Dr Goggles »

We re-positioned the lower frame tubes , put in two crossmembers ( with a bum print in one for the seat) and got the harness sorted .It was a great feeling to get strapped in properly( everybody needs a BIT of discipline)for the first time .I was at (RX7) Dave Partridge's welding on his trailer this morning and he commented how his new " funny car" cage was claustrophobic ........ours isn't , hell no , matter of fact I'm thinking of sticking"Driver :Stuart Diver" on the side of the bloody thing .By the time we've plated the cockpit area in it'll be like a steel coffin made for someone six inches shorter than you .....bought a full sheet of 5mm plate yesterday......I had the gas-axe out when really I could have cut it with the sun and a magnifying glass the way it's been lately.....

What about the rest of ya?....come on , off the couch and out to the shed.....
momec

Post by momec »

G'Day

When you plate it remember to leave gaps for the jaws of life access at critical points. This was mentioned on that Tom Burkland streamliner link I read recently. He totally plated his and then found this could cause prblems for the rescue guys.
Do our rescue guys have jaws of life?

Yes I am in the shed, the utes on hold while I remotor the bus and take out the church pew (any takers Rev) and fit a springy seat and fit cruze control and other little luxuries. Then it wil be back into the ute.
Seeya Chris

PS HAPPY NEW YEAR :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr Goggles

Jaws of life

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hi Chris ,yeah good point ,I saw that on Burklands comment about the "jaws" , I'm pretty sure they've got a set there...when we finalize the main hoops there will be a fair bit of headscratching as to how to best achieve that aim....maybe the addition of "cut here" advice wouldn't be so silly .... :roll: anybody out there know what the Jaws of Life CAN cut?ie: how wide do they open and what cross-sectional area of mild steel will they handle......BTW Chris I sent you a PM :wink:

Hope you all have a Happy New Year , 65 days to go ,who's counting.........
Dr Goggles

Ooh , I luv ya body!!!

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hey Pepe Le "Pew" , I'm getting those photo's dup'd 'cause I couldn't find the doubles , or the neg's...it'll be three weeks .

We did twelve hours yesterday and another 12 today and we're at it again tomorrow . The big news is that we put the body on for the first time today ...fitted like an aircraft carrier in Joan Collin's .... . Spent a lot of time inside the front of the tank cutting out the ribs ...I've got aluminium dust from arsehole to breakfast time , it's much better stuff to chew than welding grit I can assure you, and it gives the impression of sparkling dandruff . Tomorrow we cut the front so we can remount the front axle ....getting there in March is seeming less and less like a fib and more and more like two nut's with a home made car and a trailer built the night before.....Teed up the brand new Vortec roller-cam 350 for the Good Rev's Chev Motor-Home today...sadly I won't be writing another story about serial break-down's in that again...we'll keep ya posted .

Now , I notice in the latest newsletter that you have to take your own rubbish home with you , there'll be no more leavin' Fords lyin' around out there.......Come on :twisted:
Last edited by Dr Goggles on Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momec

Post by momec »

Hey Poncho relax, us northern Mexicans don't swett the small stuff.

Good progress, just keep boltin on big bits until its ready! :D Keep visualising youself in the car on the start line looking down the track with the motor running snicking it into your chosen first gear. (you do have a first gear don't you)?
Believe me this works, in 04 I had an impossible to do list much like your white board now and I made it. Don't give up and remember sleep is overrated. :) :)
Seeya Chris
Dr Goggles

Genius

Post by Dr Goggles »

ta , feelin' it a bit right now.....it's been a three day lock in..it's almost like playing a propaganda game on yourself innit?....we're freakin' out but that's probably better than kickin' back....thanks for the encouragement....sorry about the Ford crack , I'd had half a beer...

Avagoodweekend Racers!

Goggles and the Headgash.
Dr Goggles

P......rogress

Post by Dr Goggles »

....had a barbie t'other night couple of members (yeah , yeah , couple of big hairy ones and a couple of little ones) came over , had a stare , couple of beers , then everyone wanted to sit in it . :lol: :lol: :lol: , some even made BRMMM BRMMM noises....Christ , how old am I?

Big tragedy the hacking of Landracing.com...it seems they've lost a swag of the message board content which is a really valuable resource for anybody who is involved in LSR..let alone nerds like us two buildin' a car ( mate , did you call me a nerd? :evil: )

Ok , I'm gonna run a sweep on the eventual problem (* when diagnosed ) with my 308...Watters says it could still be a gasket...entry is a can , prize is a slab....I'll offer up the "rides" in the next day or two...it doesn't blow bubbles , the oils clean , no water or oil hits the ground but theres water leaving early , somehow .If you have a stab I'll be pestering you for can at the Kiosk.....but you might get lucky......

8)
momec

Post by momec »

Its a gasket.
BTW you can slag off a me about Fords all you Iike, I run a Holden motor.
:lol:
As a copper who pulled me up in it when she was still the workshop ute said, he lifted the bonnet and scrathed his head and said you should umpire the footy mate and I said whys that and he said well lookin at this mate all the Ford blokes would hate you and all the Holden blokes would hate you.
Seeya Chris
momec

Post by momec »

I'll help Watters drink the carton it's Ok to have a second opinion. :lol: :lol:
Chris