Megephone question,,

Moderator: DLRA

Stayt`ie

Megephone question,,

Post by Stayt`ie »

over the years i have made many expanshion chambers for two strokes, and a fair number of exhaust systems for big bore jappers :D , have always painted them, and as you know upon start up the paint starts smoking 8) ,,, ok, made two meggys, installed meggy #1 (complete new header with collector and new paint), start up run for `bout two minute`s ,,no burn the paint, not even the slightest sign of smoke :shock: ,,,, next day, change to #2 meggy, start up, instant paint smoke,, now the simplest things have been known to completly stuff me at times,,,, so whats going on here :?: :?:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
hawkwind racing

a tale of two meggies

Post by hawkwind racing »

Meggie #1 must be a "non smoker" meggie #2 will quit soon and become a reformed smoker , beware those reformed smokers :wink: :lol: by the way I was having a chat with one of your old mates last night Steve Browne
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
momec

Post by momec »

Yeah just to brighten your day, where these no smoke there no fire :(
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Meggie # 2 is so good it only smokes on the inside....yeeh..
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Stayt'ie
Have you ever dyno'd a motor with diffrent styles of megaphones to see if it moves the power around the rev range..
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

g`day gary, enjoyed your comment on smokers etc :lol: , actually im going with the reformed smoker, i`ll beware, but recon it will do the job 8) ,,,,, i hear mister browne has gas on his busa thesedays :) ,,,,,,dave, as you know time costs money on them there dynos`, have mucked around enough to confirm what the guru`s say, that is, shallow tapers good for torque etc.,,,,exhausting in general, should i say, in depth, is a science all its own :roll: , and is related directly to each particular motor, as you know no two motors are the same,,, if you build a system based on your moter, i`ll bet ya the brewery that it will make heaps more neddys than that "brand" :twisted: name`d one in the performance shop...
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,