lectron carbs

Moderator: DLRA

ben james

lectron carbs

Post by ben james »

was wondering if anyone is guru on lectron carbs,
am getting a set for my kawasaki & as they only run on the main jet, was wondering how they would be for salt work. currently run 38mm flatslide mukunis, but if i buy lectrons, i will probably have to sell mukunis.
ronnie stayt or gary baker what do you think.
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

I threw a PM @ ya Ben.
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

g`day ben, whats the size off ya motor and the lectrons your planning on getting :?:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
ben james

Post by ben james »

hi ron, 1166 wiseco 10.25 to 1 compression.
40mm lectrons. want the lectrons for drag work. am building 1427 motor for the strip & want to run nitrous. i still crew for rob cassar & his bike is basically that combo. learning heaps. you should see that thing go with it's new chasis. we were out at calder last night & he peeled off an 8.38
straight off the trailer with only 4 gears. bent a shift fork & the thing jammed between 4th & 5th. it's the second time it's done that. once thats sorted it will be straight into the sevens. i plan to use the 1166 motor in my dedicated salt bike so i would like to use the lectrons on that. bit hard to justify having a set of $1000 mukuni carbs sitting around the garage just getting used once a year. or should i keep mukunis. got 4 z1000s in the garage at the moment so it's kawasaki city 8)
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

I see the "Killacycle" electric powered drag bike has now cracked the 8sec quarter :D
Cheers,
Trevor :roll:
SPOOK

lectron carbs

Post by SPOOK »

Hi Ben, Have you perfected the carburation on the Lake G bike first ? I did three major changes to the Triumph before Mangalore and we all know how crappy it performed. I forgot the motto "one step at a time" Good luck on the Lake. Cheers Spook.
Graeme H

Re: lectron carbs

Post by Graeme H »

SPOOK wrote:Hi Ben, Have you perfected the carburation on the Lake G bike first ? I did three major changes to the Triumph before Mangalore and we all know how crappy it performed. I forgot the motto "one step at a time" Good luck on the Lake. Cheers Spook.

As a first timer at this type of thing can anyone give me a "guide" as to what initial setting I should run the 28mm Mikunis at on my Rz500?

Graeme
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

ben there is no better than the lectrons for drag racing,, however i would stick with ya mikunis for lsr, and have an airbox to calm the air flow down, rob should be able to give you advice on size etc,,,, if anything i recon the 38`s are a little too big, but will be ok, talk with you at the lake :wink:

graheme h. my advice is too initally run rich, with new spark plugs, do a chop at the end off you pass, make sure you roll well off the track, so as to not hold up procedings, take ya plugs out, put a spare set in, then when you get back to the pits have a good look at ya plugs, then adjust from there :)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Thanks for the tip Stayt`ie.
not long to go now and I am still not finished
GH
Dr Goggles

finished

Post by Dr Goggles »

Graeme H wrote:Thanks for the tip Stayt`ie.
not long to go now and I am still not finished
GH

...the only person who is finished is Ben .....ya bloody girlie swat....

he's probably so ready he's putting tyre black on the trailer... :lol: :lol: :lol:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
SPOOK

lectron carbs

Post by SPOOK »

Good advice Ron. Just wished I had a lecky starter on the Triumph.
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Ben keep the mikuni's for LSR ,they are very good carbs ,I used a set of 38mm smooth bores for mr whipy in 06 using methanol and they were great ,easy to tune, and good for all rpm and loads ,just my 2 cents worth
cheers
Gary
gennyshovel

Re: lectron carbs

Post by gennyshovel »

SPOOK wrote:Good advice Ron. Just wished I had a lecky starter on the Triumph.

'scuse me Spook, no swearing in the forum please, next thing ya will want to add 2 more cylinders on the 'ol girl ?
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
SPOOK

lectron carbs

Post by SPOOK »

Its not going to happen Tiny. The old Triumph is going to remain forever a genuine vintage racing special in every way. Cheers Spook.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

ben lectrons are easy if you hase a few simple tools specialy made for them I will bring them along for you you have my details any ways ring me
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..