258 Ci SBC

Moderator: DLRA

nitro-nige

258 Ci SBC

Post by nitro-nige »

Hi

I've read in a few places about guys running 258ci smalll block chevs in E class. The Wilson & Waters Gas Roadster is one that comes to mind.
Does anyone know what bore & stroke they run?
I've heard I've guys taking a piston out of a 283 (7/8 x 283 = 248ci).
The easy alternative down under would be the old faithful 253 holden V8.

Cheers Nige.
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

OR howzabout Toyota 4 ltr V8 ( 244 C.I. ) or Nissan 4.1 ltr V8( 250 C.I. ) .
Both dohc 32 valve , around 300 hp stock . Relatively easy to get 500 HP . Plenty imported and pretty cheap horsepower .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
nitro-nige

Post by nitro-nige »

Hey Don

I'm aware of a few Asian engine options in the mid range classes. Some engineered to hell and back (6 bolt mains, forged cranks etc).
My question was more out of interest as I've heard of quite a few teams running E class SBC. The smallest factory SBC I'm aware of was the original, the 265.

Nige.
Dr Goggles

SBC

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hey Nige
JAck Kelly who owns the E gas Lakester record in the states has a de-stroked small block Nascar motor apparently it will rev to 9k....there was a story with all the details about it on the front page of landracing.com( the Kelly and Hall lakester)

as long as you ain't running in lakester class ( give us a couple of years to set some records)I'd love to see you running E class :lol: :lol:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
David Leikvold

Plan B

Post by David Leikvold »

Hey Doc, if anyone beats you to the E/GL record you could always fit a nitrous kit and go E/FL. By the way, how is the car coming along?
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Dr Goggles

Re: Plan B

Post by Dr Goggles »

David Leikvold wrote:Hey Doc, if anyone beats you to the E/GL record you could always fit a nitrous kit and go E/FL. By the way, how is the car coming along?

Dave , Dave ,Dave .......we want them ALL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: E/GL , E/FL , EBGL and E/BFL......then we pop some cycle guards on the back wheels and go for the E/S classes.......

to quote "The Castle"........................"..tell 'im 'e's dreamin'..." :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

And when we've done all of them we will take one cylinder head off and .....
They make it
I make it work
David Leikvold

or you could...

Post by David Leikvold »

Pulling a cylinder head sounds like a waste of a good head gasket. I think it'd be easier to just pull off two plug leads and take all the F class records, then pull of a third and take all the G records as well. It might be running a bit rough by then so the three you take out should be every second one in the firing order. Might even be worth pulling the plugs too. You'd have to get a trophy for that. Edward de Bono would be proud of you! :wink:
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Yes
I'm just thinking of a WLA or WLC that ran better with one head off than on both cylinders

Edward De Bono????
I'm pink, therefore I'm spam?
They make it
I make it work
David Leikvold

smoke

Post by David Leikvold »

On YouTube there's a side-valve Harley at Maxton that looked as fast as a Pommy milk float but could easily get work as a smoke screen generator on a destroyer. I suspect it was faster on its trailer.