There will be a meeting of DLRA members
on Sunday 17th May 2009
at AUSSIE DESERT COOLER
350 Murray Road PRESTON
starting at 11:00am sharp

All members and visitors are welcome

(Well I did have it right in the subject....) :roll:

MAP
Last edited by DLRA on Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Try again Greg! The 5th of may is a Tuesday (and i'm pretty sure that Norm will be on his way home from the Brisbane show that day,with the bellytank from my place)
I was told it was Sun 17th May @ Norms,11:00am.
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

I also heard the 17th mentioned. Would be nice to have it confirmed as I have not been to a meeting for some time.
Member DLRA 112.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Rod Hadfield said 17th when we spoke at Goulburn too.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
David Leikvold

what about QTA?

Post by David Leikvold »

Any chance of another meeting in Brisbane some time after the Melbourne meeting? With Don gone now we're homeless, any volunteers to host another BBQ and chat? I'd do it but I couldn't stand the shame of having to show people the Celica :wink:
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
REAL Stan

Post by REAL Stan »

The celica sounds like a work of art david :D
STAN.#744

Our body cells renew themselves while we sleep
If only our wallets would do the same.....
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

I could be swayed to holding it at my place sometime I'm up. How does the 30th or 31st May sound? Looks like I'm going to be permanently in Sydney soon so it might be my last chance????
David Leikvold

bewdiful!

Post by David Leikvold »

Stan, when thinking of descriptions "work of art" isn't one of them :wink: The trouble is I'm only just past the stage of tearing it to bits, which you can see from those old photos and now I've started to hack into the wheel arches to get it as low as possible. And of course the V6 is just hanging in the engine bay. There's nothing else done and nothing to see. I stopped when I discovered I couldn't do a roof chop like Bob's, which is probably for the best anyway as the car is only supported under the sills at 4 points and would have bent if I'd cut the roof off. I really need a decent shed to work in so I can have a proper floor and support the whole length of the sills evenly and then fit a roll cage before welding the roof back on. And the more I sit and look at it the more changes I think up. When it's finished it'll be worth admiring.

Paul, I'll come along. Hopefully we can get a few more takers. Is anyone from here going to the Melbourne meeting so we can hear all about the latest news?
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

Thanks Greg and the subject line was correct. I think you must have had a busy week.
Member DLRA 112.
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

I will be coming across with the"Old Timer" and we are looking forward to catching up with everyone again. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Another marathon sitting, lots of items discussed, and you will hear more about some of these items soon. I counted 44 heads and there were a couple of late arrivals, so a good turn up. Members had traveled from all over Victoria. Interstater's included Bob (I thought it sounded like a cane toad),Kevin Saville in the new big block 5speed van, Peter "OLD TIMER" Noy, Tony Cook and probably a couple of others I've forgotten about.

Highlights were;
    * A good report from our indigenous friends, with Rob and Doc now starting to plan negotiations for the future. There were 6 items listed where we could improved or make changes and most of these are already being addressed
    * A very healthy financial statement.
    * DLRA has changed their accounts to Bendigo Bank
    * Will be getting a credit card payment system.
    * We are definitely looking for a merchandising officer, to handle the whole thing; inventory, ordering, storing, distribution, transportation.
    * A schedule system to be introduced for all volunteer jobs
    * More discussion about the ramp and getting on a off the lake.
    *Lionel West put forward a great plan for a 2 track layout, a committee has been formed to look at the costs and other requirements. There is some new thinking that has gone into this proposal, but very workable, you will have to wait a little while for more details.

Thanks to all those that attended and provided input.
Thanks to Norm and Vicki for the use of their place and organizing the fantastic BBQ lunch.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
momec

Post by momec »

Thanks GW

Each time l intend to come down work gets in the way.
Well done guys, appears to have been a productive and positive meeting.

Chris
Acme Racing #251
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

Thanks, Sounds like :( I once again missed a very interesting meeting.
Member DLRA 112.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Thanks for the up date from the meeting (but no one told me there was a BBQ :roll: :lol: )
"The Boys" (The Timers, Smurf & Dennis) called though on their way home & where happy to see all the news paper clippings & my pic's from this year on the wall in the office.
Of course the mention of me helping with Tech popped up, which I'd be only too glad to help out if I can.
I 'will' return & stay longer this time (I would have put my hand up to help with the extended hours if I could have, but my ride was leaving early :(
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au