Ice Truck for 2010 race meet

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

outbacktrev

Ice Truck for 2010 race meet

Post by outbacktrev »

Well it had to happen our meeting this year clashes with the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide (11,12,13,14 Mar) :oops:
Such is life our dates have been set for a number of years :idea:
I have spoken to TREND ICE from Pt Pirie and they will NOT BE AVAILABLE, as of this day, for this years meeting due to there commitment to Clipsal 500 Adelaide :cry:
This means there will be NO ICE TRUCK at this years meeting so you will have to battle on your own this year. :roll:
Before anybody jumps on the wagon and asks "is this the only ice supplier in the area" the short answer is YES. :x
So put your dollars together and buy a portable fridge or really good esky or live on baked beans (they don't need refridgeration or even heating :idea: )
There is limited power available at the DLRA camp for refridgeration but cooking needs to be done on gas or similar as the camp genset will not cope with the huge power demands at breakfast and tea time. :cry:
Remember DLRA camp power is for refridgeration and lighting NOT cooking :!:
Cheers,
Trevor #298
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hah, and some fellas laughed when I bought a kero fridge at auction for 99c

Thanks for the heads up Trev.

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
penny

Post by penny »

lincoln fish markets may have to be contacted . 10 000 kgs maybe to big but they may be able to do a few runs during the week. cowell ice flatout that week but may look at it in the future .paul penny
Dr Goggles

dash it

Post by Dr Goggles »

So , um, how does a warm Pimms sound then Cookey?.....

At times I've taken to just filling my pockets up with ice for the cool down value..... I just know that this year will be like 2006, an absolute stinker...anyone who went last year for the first time ain't seen nothin'....it can get REALLY hot out there...

No ice what a bummer :cry: :cry: :cry:

as for for baked beans straight out of the can, Trev you need a gourmet lesson from Benny James, peas and corn mate ,al fresco, for breakfast.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Rob

Post by Rob »

Take one good sized CO2 fire extinguisher per carton of beer and you'll be set (for coldies anyhow).

I'm still cheering for the fridge, enclosed flame, one tank lasts the week. The hard part is lifting the damn thing, it'd make great ballast. :?
penny

Post by penny »

ok guys heres the plod. Ex adelaide fiat freezer van $1100, 2tonne truck $1240 from budget. 5 tonne truck from hertz $1300. pickup ice at port pirie . Van and small truck will need a return trip to pirie for refill. 5 tonner will do one load 900 bags. $5 per bag should cover everything . lets get this show on the road . paul penny ph 0413987341 ASK ALL YOUR FRIENDS who may know of someone with a freezer truck and wants a working holiday with $4500 available.
Last edited by penny on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

Just for information, :roll: as the good doctor says, last year was realitively cool in the scheme of things and even then the ice truck sold 4.5 palletts of ice = 450bags @ 10kg per bag = 4500kg :roll:
The year pervious wasn't to flash weather wise and 6 palletts were sold 600bags @ 10kg = 6000kg :roll:
If you wish to organise something amongst yours selves best of luck. 8) I have provided these figures to give you a rough indication of ICE consumption for the event :idea:
As the Doctor says this year is more than likely going to be a HOT one :!:
Cheers,
Trevor #298
outbacktrev

Post by outbacktrev »

OK just a little update on ice supply for 2010 :wink:
Thanks to one of our asteemed members (Mr Penny) all is not yet lost in the ICE stakes :D
I have VERBAL confirmation from a supplier that a 20foot, diesel powered freezer container will be dropped somewhere near the canteen (OFF the Lake) and left for the week with 8000kg of "Cube Ice" rather than "Tube Ice" in 5kg bags. :D (Cube Ice lasts longer :lol: )
The ICE will be selling for $6 per 5kg bag and will be managed by our esteemed member Mr Penny. (Please support this, as if we can sell enough ICE the supplier has said he would consider supporting the event in the future as well) :D
He will no doubt post proposed opening times etc as we get closer to the event. :idea:
As I said this has been VERBALLY arranged but the supplier is adament he will support our event :wink:
When I recieve written confirmation ie email or similar I will be sure to let you ALL know :wink:
Cheers,
Trevor #298
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Well done Paul for your efforts in chasing up an ice supplier.

Let's hope that this will become a long term situation. :D :D :D :D
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
Rob

Post by Rob »

Amen to that Paul,

Good on you for putting your hand up to man the sales for the week too!

Cheers,
Rob
PSBTYSON

Post by PSBTYSON »

Thats great news, one less thing to worry about.
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Great stuff
Thanks Mr Penny :D
Dr Goggles

Geni-ice

Post by Dr Goggles »

top effort Paul,

Pimms Cookey? :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
penny

ice

Post by penny »

planning on opening the container for an hour morning noon and late afternoon.will also be available at other times if vehicles need ice to run ? This will need the sales to be about 100 bags each time we open to make it all worthwhile for ROXBY ICE to bring it out , at this stage it will be $6 per 5kg bag, not much dearer than last year, so please bring plenty of change .Thanks also go to trevor beck who has a big hand in the logistics of this service.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

thanks mate 8)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,