What worked and what needs to be changed for 2011

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Rob wrote:Had another thought today, shade for all of the scrutineering bays would be a good idea.

Cheers,
Rob
We did have that! (until Saturday arvo this year anyway :roll: )
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
Rob

Post by Rob »

I thought there wasn't any over the second car line? Could be CRAFT setting in though :wink:

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Rob wrote:I thought there wasn't any over the second car line? Could be CRAFT setting in though :wink:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob, It got torn to shreads on Saturday arvo (as well as twisting up the frame) it took us by surprise. luckily no one was standing on the side where it ended up. I had already shown Rob C. it, thinking it needed replacing (& that was before it blew down :shock: )

We set up 2 car areas (with tarps down & shade, as we did 1 for the bikes) but that to was also no good.

We do need to replace them though :roll:
The wind was bad at times (as was the rain :( )
Poor Carol didn't have much fun with all the paper work.
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
Rob

Post by Rob »

No worries,

I missed that part as we were trying to get tents up before dark/rain ovetook us.

I think there's a move afoot to get a van for paperwork etc. and negate the weather for that at least.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Rob wrote:No worries,

I missed that part as we were trying to get tents up before dark/rain ovetook us.

I think there's a move afoot to get a van for paperwork etc. and negate the weather for that at least.

Cheers,
Rob
I did see that somewhere?
I think it is a good idea (& one worthy of this thread :wink: )
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
penny

Post by penny »

one thing that was addressed at recent meetings was the race vehicles finishing a run and going straight back into the staging lanes. Race vehicles must be presented to staging in an as ready to race condition, therefore refuelling and maintenance can only be carried out in the pit area.
glengowrie annexe of the Institute of Backyard Studies
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Any news on the van for Carol and others?
penny

Post by penny »

office put on hold until the timing system is up and running ,although i found a beauty yesterday,.... one new thing for the pits 2011 will be a dedicated ladies only portaloo
Cookey

Any news on the van for Carol and others?

Post by Cookey »

I was talking with Cled Davies the other day regarding the new timing set up and mentioned the van issue for Carol etc in the pits and he thought that the current start Line van may do the job initially as it can be opened up on both sides and this would help depending on the wind direction.
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
penny

Post by penny »

we found a double decker bus on ebay and th ought that we could take it out on the lake and would fit out downstairs as an office and upstairs could become a members lounge / viewing platform