Return & Fire Roads

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

Rob

Re: Return & Fire Roads

Post by Rob »

Well said Tiny,

I didn't start this thread as any sort of critical comment either. It was a thought born of some spare time and various comments overheard last year.

From the posts here it sounds like things are definitely going forward.

Another random thought, is there any benefit to signage on a push/tow car stating the vehicle number it's tied to?

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Now that's a great idea. I remember long, long ago when we had drag racing in S.A., our push cars wore the number of the race car. Pete. DLRA #6.
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

OLDtimer wrote:Now that's a great idea. I remember long, long ago when we had drag racing in S.A., our push cars wore the number of the race car. Pete. DLRA #6.
You can remember that far back Pete :?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am sure that you must have read that somewhere :P :P :P :P
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
momec2

Post by momec2 »

[quote="REAL Stan"]Sorry Stan I read this post wrong :oops:
there is NO WARM UP TRACK so all recovery cars can travel around the back of the pits

I thought your meaning was recovery cars had to travel from the Short/Long Coarse start line around the back of the pits then around Alcatraz then go and recover there race vehicle. I was wwwwwwwwwwwwrong. :|
I,ve then succeeded in confusing everybody.

Chris
Rob

Post by Rob »

OLDtimer wrote:Now that's a great idea. I remember long, long ago when we had drag racing in S.A., our push cars wore the number of the race car. Pete. DLRA #6.
Thanks Pete,

I figure it could be as simple as white shoe polish on the glass, no class required, just vehicle number and perhaps TOW beneath it (only because it's shorter than push or recovery).

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.