Search for a new track

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

DLRA
Site Admin

Search for a new track

Post by DLRA »

Well thought I'd better report in while the free Wi-Fi lasts.
Been searching Europe for a place where us Aussies can run and not be hampered by weather or other adverse conditions.
Started the search in Frankfurt, the local roads aren't too good, but by geez that autobahn down to Heidelberg showed some promise they don't even let the hills get in the way they just bore straight through em (wonder if there is any sub-terrestrial records up for grabs. Ended up in Venice next, now I understand why our itie mates drive like they do, no bloodily roads over here anyway, might have to leave it up to Warby and his mates. Florence was next, shit, the roads are that bloody narrow I gotta walk down sideways! On to Rome, bloody cobblestones everywhere dunno how their little Fiats don't just rattle loose. Must press on, to Nice in the south of France found a real promising location, straightest bit of road around, on the promenade probably about 3ks long at least you could give it a bit of a squirt and they have dedicated bike lanes. Went up to Monarco yesterday, checked out the grand Prix track makes Bathurst look like the Birdsville track, amazing. At least the weaher has been agreeable with high 20's most days, we even cracked a 39 in Rone
Well I'm still undetered so it's Paris tomorrow and England the week after. Don't worry I'll find somewhere we can race.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Cookey

Re: Search for a new track

Post by Cookey »

Glad to see somebody is roughing it Greg :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

DLRA wrote: (wonder if there is any sub-terrestrial records up for grabs.) .
I know an 'ol fat bloke with a grey beard who's done 100 k's down the local mine decline driving a landcuiser loaded with a ton and a half of drill rods, that was a piece of cake,,but slowing down from that speed on a greasy dirt road,with a 1 in 7 decline and 2 mtrs clearance 'tween the ute and the rock walls made the pucker valve work o/time.
Now there's a challenge :shock:
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

We never got a full report on the last trip you made to the Islands about suitable race tracks.
DLRA wrote: shit, the roads are that bloody narrow I gotta walk down sideways!
Struth.......No, no good for speed going sideways. :| :lol:
What plans to explore next for places to race Russia or even China ?
Any where you have not yet checked for us ? :shock: :D
Member DLRA 112.
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

We have someone checking sites in China for us, progress Hedgash??????/
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Plenty of go fast places. My driver regular sits on around 175kph on the freeway from Suzhou to Wuxi. We still get passed by people regularly and this is amongst trucks going 45kph and the occasional bike carrying three family memebers and a ladder.

It's good practice for the zen mindset required at the salt.

rH+
DLRA Member#412