2012 DLRA Speed Week Volunteers Register

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

DLRA
Site Admin

2012 DLRA Speed Week Volunteers Register

Post by DLRA »

The 2012 DLRA Speed Week Volunteers Register is now open! As you all know Speed Week cannot operate without volunteers, this register exists to ensure that we have the right number of volunteers where and when we need them. (more...)

It's a great way to become involved, learn and help out the DLRA along the way. We welcome members and non-members, seasoned veterans right through to newbies there is a job for you!
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
gennyshovel

Re: 2012 DLRA Speed Week Volunteers Register

Post by gennyshovel »

JB is keen to resume the portaloo duties again next year, once he confirms, the position will be filled.
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

This would be fantastic and very much appreciated by competitors, spectators and the DLRA.
Keeping our fingers (and legs) crossed that he says yes.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
momec3

Post by momec3 »

He Guys and Gals,

Still a bunch of prime spots left on the startline list for volunteers. Its an easy job and you get to see all the vehicles up close. Our merry crew will be happy to train any newbies.

Don't be afraid to just pick a random time now and we can negotiate and swap spots during speedweek to fit in with your various programs.

There is a progression in our training so no one gets thrown in the deep end as it were. Startline crew from previous years will have the opportunity to step up to starter through the week if they want to give it a go.

Rob Cranfield will be running track 1 most of the week and I will be on the GPS track.
Any questions or requests PM me.

Chief Starter
Chris Hanlon
Chris
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Correction.
Had an oops, Rob will be running Track 2 the GPS track and I will be running Track 1.

I need a suitable voluteer to relieve me when I am driving so please have a think if anyone wants to cover this spot at times through the week let me no.

Chris
Chris
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Chris

We might tag team on Track 1 if you like, since we are pitting together we might be able to arrange things better?

Lynchy
momec3

Post by momec3 »

I thought you would never ask. Thanks Lynch. :)
Kathy will double with you as required. Rob will need relief on the GPS track in the starter role but we will work that out as we go.

For anyone else who thinks volunteering will get in the way of their racing. I don't care. Every person on every team, drivers included have no excuses.

Personally I am running and supervising both startlines, am crew chief on 3 cars and am driving 2 so don't think you won't have time to help out in one way or another.

As Greg has mentioned unless all the positions are filled the event won't run.

Chris :wink:
Chris
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Chris

I never thought to mention it. The volunteer register is from last year so I didn't change it. Last year I was going to kick off the GPS track start line from the procedures manual and spend a bit more time on the long course line + spend a bit of time writing up procedures for other areas if needed - same this year in between working on getting the Shaguar up to the start line and by the sounds of it, helping you guys out in the pits (and vice versa). So I'll probably devote at least a half day every day on something volunteerish if not a bit more.

We will have volunteer sheets at both the start lines as I found that you usually get a big influx of people wanting to help but at that time you have enough. With a sheet at the line anyone can see what times / days are available and can schedule themselves around that.

Speedweek is usually a sleep deprivation experiment and I usually sleep most of the drive back to Sydney and the flight back to Brissy!

Lynchy
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Your right, will be a very busy week this year.

Chris
Chris
GeeTee

Post by GeeTee »

Hi, I guess with the 'new' event there will be a 'new' volunteers register... how do we apply?
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

With the event so close and a lot of people still undecided and the fact that we may or may not get to run, it was decided not to do another online register and to have the new volunteers register at the registration caravan. We will get entrants to sign up on the spot, that way we know that they will be volunteering. Any one else is also more than happy to volunteer of course, just front up to the caravan and sign up.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor