New Camp (Well almost new) working bee

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

outbacktrev

New Camp (Well almost new) working bee

Post by outbacktrev »

Hi All!,
Rob Carroll is talking about another working bee at the almost new camp either in October (cooler) or over the Xmas break (a lot of companies close down over the Xmas period) whichever is most convenient to the majority. My preference is over the Xmas period.
Jobs that will require doing:
1) Levelling, roofing, refridgerationing and electricals for new coolroom :o
2) Proper install and plumbing of new ice machines
3) General clean up of more rocks etc
4) Vanity screens to be installed on both toilet blocks :oops:
5) Proper plumbing of taps to campers dish washing sink area on back of ladies toilets
6) More area lighting installed
7) Pumbing of "Shearers quarters" tank to transfer water to the woolshed tanks
8) Generator Mtce
9) Gutter and downpipe repairs to make sure we catch ALL rain

Don't be put off by the list of jobs. :D It appears during race week not much gets done because everbody is racing or helping keep the racing happening but during a dedicated working bee we have managed to achieve a lot in the past and this will probably be the last one!
You are probably aware race meeting numbers are growing and hence is putting more pressure on our infrastructure hence the need for more mtce.
Feel free to reply here or give Rob Carroll a ring to indicate your interest for thr benifit of YOUR Club.
Cheers,
Trevor :lol:
gnomester

Post by gnomester »

I may be able to spend a few days at the camp in October but I would not be able to attend between Christmas and New Year.

Chris
DLRA# 407
[i][b][color=red]Black Cockatoo Racing
[/color][/b][/i]
outbacktrev

Almost new camp working bee 2005

Post by outbacktrev »

Hi All!,
DLRA camp working bee dates have been set! :lol:
Monday 26th December 2005 for approx 3-5days. Bring your tools and some beer! :idea: It usually gets pretty hot up there over Xmas and you might get thirsty! :wink: No really gut busting stuff to do this time (most of that has already been done!) Just the niceties we don't get an opportunity to do during race week.
Any questions just post here and I will try to provide an answer!
Cheers,
Trevor #298