DLRA General Meeting

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

DLRA 112

Re: DLRA General Meeting

Post by DLRA 112 »

Just as confused as you Greg. I had no access at all to that section yesterday and today I can access it without the information you sent me via PM.
Member DLRA 112.
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Now I think I know what is going on.
It's a little thing called cache.
In this case cache refers to the recent history of web pages you have visited.
All browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome) store a history (cache) of pages you have visited to your local hard disk,
So that when you go to a page, the browser checks your history first and if the page is there it will display the local version, if it's not there it will then go the the internet and retrieve the page.
The reason why they have this feature is to speed up your viewing of pages and reduce the need to download from the internet.
The problem with this cache is if you visit a particular page often you don't see any updates unless you do a refresh of the page, forcing the browser to go to the internet and retrieve a new version of that page. Most browsers have a default of 20 days of cache storage, which is quite a long time considering that some pages can change daily or weekly.
The good news is you can change the amount of time that your browser stores cache.

Havea look at this page for instructions on how to check/change your cache - http://www.lavc.edu/virtualvalley/using ... cache.html

If all of this seems too hard, just hit the F5 key at the top of your keyboard and it will force a refresh of the page you are viewing.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

F5 it is. Still I do not understand why I could not access yesterday and I can today. Yesterday it said I did not have permission to access that page and today it let me in without the password.
Member DLRA 112.
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

I've worked out why I thought the Sept General Meeting was announced a week out.

I read the Minutes of the last General Meeting (again) and there was no date set for the next General Meeting or that it would be advised in the next Newsletter.

As I did not receive the July Newsletter, the date for our General Meeting was a surprise to me.

In other organisations I have been involved in, the standard practice was to set the next date at the end of each Meeting and would then be in the Minutes of that meeting.

So as I did not see any notification of the next Meeting date in the General Meeting Minutes, did not even think that that there would be a notification in the Newsletter.

Is it possible to set the General Meeting dates at the General Meeting and put them in the Minutes. From then on the Newsletter is a reminder and the Website Post is also a reminder and are not General Meeting Notifications?

Pete :D
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

AuotonomousRX wrote:
In other organisations I have been involved in, the standard practice was to set the next date at the end of each Meeting and would then be in the Minutes of that meeting.
I find this the same with most things I am involved with.
AuotonomousRX wrote:
Is it possible to set the General Meeting dates at the General Meeting and put them in the Minutes. From then on the Newsletter is a reminder and the Website Post is also a reminder and are not General Meeting Notifications?
I agree this would be a good idea.
Member DLRA 112.
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

I'm one suburb away and I'm not sure if I'll make it
G
They make it
I make it work
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »