Newby

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

fredeuce

Newby

Post by fredeuce »

Hi folks have been a member for a little while and have been attending at the Lake since '99. I took my old green roadster out to the lake this year for a spin. Despite some reservations about shaking the car to pieces that simply didn't happen. Best fun I've ever had in it in quite a while.
Presently building a vintage speedway car to run at the lake. I expect to hit the salt in 2007.

Fred Nitschke
fredeuce
blownvn

Post by blownvn »

Sounds interesting. What's the car and what's the engine?
fredeuce

Post by fredeuce »

It is a scratch built "K8 Special" . This is a car is being built according to plans that were drawn up by American Ray Kuhn in the 1930's . This is your classic single seat dirt track racer (big car) that became the backbone of the "grease-monkey era of racing" (to quote Mark Dees) in the 1930's. Whilst originally built with modified A,B or C Model Ford 4cyl engines this car will run a flathead V8. Outwardly the intention is to recreate something way out of the past. Car is at rolling chassis stage at present. I have made wooden bucks for the body . The next step is the shaping of the body metal. I am currently moving house and building a new shed so the construction of this car is on hold temporarily. Should be into it again in the Spring.
fredeuce
blownvn

Post by blownvn »

A flatty will be cool, look forward to seeing it.

Good luck with the house moving, I just went through that myself (twice in 6-months) and it really sucks, but i've got my place now and my shed (18.5m x 8.5m besa brick :) ) so I'm looking to get my old Slant six Ute project underway shortly.

Hopefully we'll both be ready in time. :wink: