where are they now

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

hawkwind

where are they now

Post by hawkwind »

HI all,
Sitting here bored and recovering from an illness.....was looking through the pre entry list from 2012 which Greg has put up for 2013 and came across the names of racers I thought had vanished from LSR ....... Micheal Hite and Phil Cvirn ....who ran H D's in the early noughtys ..... this got me thinking of..... "where are they now"....there were some racers who turned up each year without fail then droped off the LSR world.... any one know where these members are now and how they are getting on ...Peter Willmer ?...the stamps ?... John Pudney?....steve Barnet ?....Bob Prior?... weir ,mumford, rea team?

I hope that others will use this post to ask similiar questions

PS Anyone know about Stuart Lappin last ran in the early 2000's ..I tried to keep in contact last I heard he had colon cancer.. spoke to him several times and he said he was on the mend.... then nothing I hope he made a recovery.

kind regards
Gary #282
Vehicle......................A new creation.
Designed by................Troglodyte.
Engineered/ built by......Rustic.
Financed by.................Nickles & Dimes.
Rider......................... Tardus Vetus Inflatio
outbacktrev

Re: where are they now

Post by outbacktrev »

John Pudney is still getting around here in Whyalla. :) His missus popped a sprog and the budget got reigned in :shock:
Shaun Kirkby, his co rider, moved to northwest Western Australia for work reasons :o I believe he still has the bike but the finances and possibly enthusiasm has waned, :cry:
Wayne Mumford has his car "Wasavoodoo" ready, just waiting for the opportunity, like most, for when we can eventually have a meeting. :lol:
Hope this helps solve a couple of mysteries. 8)
Cheers,
Trevor
ben james

Post by ben james »

hi Gary,
Steve Barnett is still a 2 stroke water bottle racer,
he races a waterbottle sidecar in post classic races.
will be racing at the southern classic on 20th & 21st of october at broadford.
still has the aluminium faired water bottle ready to go.
wants to take it to lake omeo if ever that meet goes ahead.
regards
Ben.
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
hawkwind

Post by hawkwind »

Thanks Trev for that information ...hopefully john can make it back again with his bike :) and will be good to see wasavoodo run again.
Ben cheers for the info.... looking forward to seeing you and Steve out on the salt again .... lets hope 2013 is a goer and our best meet yet :D
Vehicle......................A new creation.
Designed by................Troglodyte.
Engineered/ built by......Rustic.
Financed by.................Nickles & Dimes.
Rider......................... Tardus Vetus Inflatio
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Gary
Bob Prior has just finished restoring a waterbottle , don't think it will get salty, and i believe he has sold his busa
ben james

Post by ben james »

speaking of Steve Barnett,
spemt the day with him today at the mt Tarrengower hill climb, lot of fun.
he also finished the aluminium tank for my 1970 suzuki 250 2 stroke post classic racebike that i'm building.
tank is a work of art,
here's a pic, i was pretty excited.
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
RGV

Post by RGV »

That tank is a work of art. I had a t250 years ago. Had the porting and heads built to TZ250 specs with TZ carbs and chambers. Bought them from a guy selling up all his TZ gear as he had retired from racing. Went quite well apart from not having the close ratio box. I also had a TZ250 quad leading shoe front brake that I bought from the same guy that did the engine. Brand new still in the original Yamaha packet with spokes. Bought it for $75.00, sold it a few years ago for quite a bit more. 8) . Wish I kept it.

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

sorry to hijack ya topic here Gary,, i bought a 250 Suzuki Hustler in 69,70 :? , only brand new vehicle i have ever owned,, went like stink, 8) ,, entered it in the beach races (quarter, half and one mile drags, a dozen or so 250's lined up across the beach all go at the drop of the flag), cleaned up that day, :D ,,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,