Are we RACERS or Politicians

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

OLDtimer

Re: Are we RACERS or Politicians

Post by OLDtimer »

The old timing equipment was manufactured in 1979 & donated to DLRA by the SCTA. in 1997. It was first used by us in 1998. It is a very costly system to maintain & very tempermental. Hence the new timing system.
Pete Noy
DLRA #6
SATA #3
club animal

Post by club animal »

David Leikvold wrote:Well that all makes sense, thanks for the quick responses. Where do people currently get their results from the long/short course? I know what you mean about being pestered by people asking about speeds, my brother had a few people ask about runs that had happened hours before. When told he didn't have that information (he's the starter, he has no need to know) they expected him to radio Cookey and find out :? .

From memory, the donated equipment was first used here at the 1995 International Speed Challenge when several Americans, including Al Teague, turned up to try our salt. That was 18 years ago!

:D
Hi David club animal bus has been recording race times since 1999 with competiters coming to find out times and get there licence signed this keeps the radio chatter down
are hoping to organize a fm transmitter to broadcast times and vehical discriptions for next year
regards
Animal
Regards ANIMAL
Member 151
NAC 200+mph club
DLRA 200 mph club
going fast is my blast
Rob

Post by Rob »

OLDtimer wrote:The old timing equipment was manufactured in 1979 & donated to DLRA by the SCTA. in 1997. It was first used by us in 1998. It is a very costly system to maintain & very tempermental. Hence the new timing system.
Pete Noy
DLRA #6
SATA #3
Thanks Pete
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.