***YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOUR HELP***

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

DLRA
Site Admin

Re: ***YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOUR HELP***

Post by DLRA »

Alright I now have an engineer who can do the report, but he needs soil samples.
Usually he gets his sample as a 38mm core, but will take it loose from us.
Has to be down to a depth of 1.5 metres, with each change of soil type picked up along the way.
eg. 0 - 300mm, 300 - 770 etc about 1/2 a kilo for each sample.

Now all we have to do is get it to him. Ideas?
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
OLDPOP

Post by OLDPOP »

Where is the site for this gear situated in relation to the DLRA camp

Regards
Phill H
DLRA # 1102
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

!st you need a "Site plan" which will show where the tank will be situated , a "topographical plan" which will show the contour of the land , approval to drill etc. etc. etc. , then a geotech can do a survey,then submit documentation showing the position of the test holes,and a report of the findings.Then the govt paperwork,, then approval,, then dig a big hole.

If as Greg says ,,he has a guy to sign it off (if we supply some dirt),a very foolish engineer indeed :roll: . (Just like issuing a dodgy roadworthy ),but if that will work ,then OK.

I've been involved in civil works (am a Civil engineer by trade) for more than 30 years , (Yes , I'm not in S.A. , but I do know a few things),This deal should have been organised months ago , not the week before Xmas.

Just my two cents worth folks

Bob Ellis
DLRA Chief Car Inspector.
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

BOB ELLIS wrote:!st you need a "Site plan" which will show where the tank will be situated , a "topographical plan" which will show the contour of the land , approval to drill etc. etc. etc. , then a geotech can do a survey,then submit documentation showing the position of the test holes,and a report of the findings.Then the govt paperwork,, then approval,, then dig a big hole.

If as Greg says ,,he has a guy to sign it off (if we supply some dirt),a very foolish engineer indeed :roll: . (Just like issuing a dodgy roadworthy ),but if that will work ,then OK.

I've been involved in civil works (am a Civil engineer by trade) for more than 30 years , (Yes , I'm not in S.A. , but I do know a few things),This deal should have been organised months ago , not the week before Xmas.

Just my two cents worth folks

Bob Ellis
DLRA Chief Car Inspector.
Bob what you have detailed is exactly the process I have gone through.
Documents and plans have been prepared and are with Dept of Health now to ensure they are exactly what they want.
Spoke to Dept of Health this afternoon, they approve of my choice of engineer and the process the engineer outlined to me to obtain an appropriate soil sample.
Regards organising all this months ago. We didnt know a treatment plan was an option months ago and I certainly didnt know about the requirement for the soil report until two weeks ago. But at that time my number one priority was updating the operational plan so that the committe could sign off on it and get it distributed for the first Lake Gairdner Co-Management Board meeting tomorrow to support our application for Speed Week 2014.
So if YOU knew we would need a soil report, why didn't YOU tell the committee months ago.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
34SaltNorm

Post by 34SaltNorm »

Greg please continue with your work to make our event happen your efforts are appreciated by most If I can assist in any way just get in touch Norm Hardinge
mal hewett

Post by mal hewett »

Ok Greg , I can head to the Lake this weekend and take some soil samples for you (and the club)
I will need some guidelines on where they need to be taken from and any other details. Could you PM me or email please mate. I do fly out to work on Monday morning from Roxby Downs and it may be hard to post /courier the samples . I'll work on this though. Maybe someone from Pt Augusta could take them when I pass through Sunday afternoon? Are you out there Mossy or Doc?
Regards mal
Mal Hewett
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Mal, thank you very much. I very much appreciate that you are willing to go out of your way to help the club.
I've just found out this afternoon that Cled is in Wudinna tonight so that he can attend the first meeting of the Lake Gairdner National Park Co-Management Board meeting tomorrow. (I thought this meeting was going to be in Adelaide and so did Cled). This is so he can present the 2014 Operational Plan in support of our request for a permit for Speed Week.
I'll be contacting him in the morning to see if he can get the samples and deliver to the Engineer back in Adelaide.

I've also had another member offer to get the samples required, but he was looking for someone to go with him. So if it doesn't work out with Cled, I'll contact you straight away.

CC'ed to your email.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Greg , sorry for the "rant", I assumed that all the "paperwork" would have been done earlier.The product supplier should have been able to tell you what was required.
I was not privy to what was happening with the system , at the last meeting ( oct) a decision on what was being purchased had not yet been made. ( the holding tank would have been easier,-but as you noted more cost in the long term)

You have done well ,( I was not aware we had to change the operational plan either),so thankyou for your efforts.

Big thanks to Mal for stepping in, and helping out!

I have emailed Rob Carol ( a few days ago),that I will be unable to attend working bee, as will be in NZ for xmas.

Bob Ellis
DLRA Chief Car Inspector
Haddy

Post by Haddy »

I appeal to all members out there to please consider the efforts Greg has been putting in behind the scenes, not one of you would realise the amount of "paperwork" and time that has been put into making it all happen along with the applications for Government Grants that were all in vain. Until we had responses from the appeal for a loan to the club to purchase the wastewater system and the communications system we could not even consider purchasing either of them. The club will still have to find over $50,000.00 just to run the event without any extras. Until we have word from our President who is attending a meeting of the Lake Gairdner National Park Co-Management Board we still don't know where we stand with the 2014 event, the "paperwork" for this meeting and the recent meeting held in Port Augusta to discuss the future of our racing on Lake Gairdner has been incredible and that was our first priority as Greg has mentioned.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Greg / Carol

Your efforts are greatly appreciated by the whole club and I'd say that comments get made due to a lack of knowledge as to what is going on behind the scenes to make it happen. Not every step of the process is published on the forum and an element of trust is required that all is being done "by the book" by the parties involved. If you ever need help, there seems to be a lot of experience in extremely diverse areas by members of the club who are only too willing to provide advice or effort.

Regards
Lynchy
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Good news this morning, Cled and Doc will be able to go out to Lake Gairdner and get the soil samples and deliver to the engineer tomorrow.
Have also spoken to Trev who has tracked down another engineer in Whyalla and given me some stuff to follow up on.
And an email from Mal confirming he can still go out on Saturday if required.
So now we even have a back up plan!
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Received this from Cled tonight
"Soil samples collected by Davies/Murdock team yesterday arvo at the lake & delivered by Davies to Adelaide this pm. Cheers C & P"
So we are still moving in the right direction.
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
hawkwind

Post by hawkwind »

There appears to be some friction between members :shock: ??????......which is a bit worrying ..........Wow thank you to those members that are going the extra mile to make sure speedweek 2014 happens much appreciated ......sadly im unable to assist in the being there to help ....but I have given some $$$ towards it.

cheers gary #282
Vehicle......................A new creation.
Designed by................Troglodyte.
Engineered/ built by......Rustic.
Financed by.................Nickles & Dimes.
Rider......................... Tardus Vetus Inflatio
club animal

Post by club animal »

hawkwind wrote:There appears to be some friction between members :shock: ??????......which is a bit worrying ..........Wow thank you to those members that are going the extra mile to make sure speedweek 2014 happens much appreciated ......sadly im unable to assist in the being there to help ....but I have given some $$$ towards it.

cheers gary #282
It seems the goat and sheep lovers are trying to cause some unrest with the DLRA constantly attacking the committee and members who are committed to the running of our event. If these people put in the same effort as the commitee members working with the DLRA instead of against it we would not have the friction that will end up with a lot of new members in the Flat nose Club
Regards ANIMAL
Member 151
NAC 200+mph club
DLRA 200 mph club
going fast is my blast
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

Haddy wrote:I appeal to all members out there to please consider the efforts Greg has been putting in behind the scenes, not one of you would realise the amount of "paperwork" and time that has been put into making it all happen along with the applications for Government Grants that were all in vain. Until we had responses from the appeal for a loan to the club to purchase the wastewater system and the communications system we could not even consider purchasing either of them. The club will still have to find over $50,000.00 just to run the event without any extras. Until we have word from our President who is attending a meeting of the Lake Gairdner National Park Co-Management Board we still don't know where we stand with the 2014 event, the "paperwork" for this meeting and the recent meeting held in Port Augusta to discuss the future of our racing on Lake Gairdner has been incredible and that was our first priority as Greg has mentioned.
Well said. The word paperwork scares me so to have a member that will do this for the DLRA is important. I for one know what Greg does just here on the forum so for his work on this project I say thank you.
Member DLRA 112.