New motorcycle rules

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

ben james

Post by ben james »

hi gary wondering if you could email new rules to me as well and was wondering about that tyre question of mine.
regards ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Ben whats your email addy ,give me that and Ill send a copy to you
Cheers Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
ben james

Post by ben james »

hi gary, email address is benjamin.james@bigpond.com
cheers
ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
Marty Hicks

Post by Marty Hicks »

Hey Gary, sorry but could you email the new rules to me as well?.....Cheers ( marty1000cc@hotmail.com )
MEMBER #439
Tux

Post by Tux »

Gidday Gary, Could you send me a copy of the new rules too? Thanks, Tux

mrtuxesq@hotmail.com
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Hawkwind, havent received any mail as yet. work addy is Ok if you have lost my home one :cry: Can you also let all the members know where the appropriate forms are to change the rules? and where do we send the application? :roll:
maybe a hot link to the new rule book and another one to the change of rules form would be great for all.

thanks

gazza414 wrote:Gary , can you send me a copy of all the rules that did get thru?

If any member wishes to challenge or ammend any of the motorbike rules that you ( Hawkwind) have put togther and had passed at the recent meeting , than a member 1st needs to present the draft to you ( Hawkwind as the motorbike representative) for consideration before going to the executive meeting?
thanks
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
hawkwind racing

Gazza not sure whats happening I've sent you 3 copies one to the addy you gave me when in veitnam and 2 others to the 3 addy's I have on my puter , please send me an email and I will attach to that and send back :)
rule change forms are in the existing rule book at the back ,if motorcycle related email or post to me
lsr350@hotmail.com
po box 72 captains flat NSW 2623
as far as Im aware the new rules have not been added to the sit yet .the web master has been sent a copy and hopefully it will happen soon
anyone else not recieved a copy that requested one ?
Gary
DirtyDave

new rules

Post by DirtyDave »

couple of points that aren't totally clear,
Helmets it states all helmets must meet snell 2000 then it goes onto other standard allowed???
Engine classification G/ Gasoline states pump Gas only, does this mean racing gasoline ex VP or Sunoco will be classed as Fuel..

Suspension it there a minimum amount of suspension travel requirement and or ground clearance is suspension compulsory on a motorcycle...??/

And was the production bike record reset to over 200mph in the DLRA i know it was set in the FIM this would mean that any one entered on a production bike is requires to where full body armour???

is there a maximum load rating on production motorcycle tyres..???

headlights are they permitted in special construction open class, and are the headlight measurements missing a couple of zeros?
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

hawkwind racing wrote:Gazza not sure whats happening I've sent you 3 copies one to the addy you gave me when in veitnam and 2 others to the 3 addy's I have on my puter , please send me an email and I will attach to that and send back :)
rule change forms are in the existing rule book at the back ,if motorcycle related email or post to me
lsr350@hotmail.com
po box 72 captains flat NSW 2623
as far as Im aware the new rules have not been added to the sit yet .the web master has been sent a copy and hopefully it will happen soon
anyone else not recieved a copy that requested one ?
Gary

Yer , I think Gary ya must of sent the doc to my old bigpond account which we gave them the flick sometime ago.
I've PM'd ya and emailed you my new addy @home just in case.
thanks mate.

Dirty Dave, no production bike has gone over 200mph at the Lake either with the DLRA or FIM.
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
hawkwind racing

Re: new rules

DirtyDave wrote:couple of points that aren't totally clear,
Helmets it states all helmets must meet snell 2000 then it goes onto other standard allowed???
Engine classification G/ Gasoline states pump Gas only, does this mean racing gasoline ex VP or Sunoco will be classed as Fuel..

Suspension it there a minimum amount of suspension travel requirement and or ground clearance is suspension compulsory on a motorcycle...??/

And was the production bike record reset to over 200mph in the DLRA i know it was set in the FIM this would mean that any one entered on a production bike is requires to where full body armour???

is there a maximum load rating on production motorcycle tyres..???

headlights are they permitted in special construction open class, and are the headlight measurements missing a couple of zeros?

Dave
from the 1.1.07 those standards quoted are permitted :wink: its up to the individule rider to choose what they want to use ,exception will be streamliners which must use a snell SA 2000

what constitutes 'gas' is still not sorted , any pump petrol or any leaded petrol is ok to use as 'gas' though I will draw the line with ethanol or methanol fortified petrols ( fuel class ) the appendix at the back shows what the FIM classifies as a GAS and allow only a 2.7% addition of any oxygenate

production class in most cases will require front and rear suspension ,the minimum rule in production is to stop the lowering via linkages over that which is stock. All other classes require working front suspension ,rear is optional ( if this clarification is required it can be done) streamliners also require full front/rear suspension

All classes and (speeds) now require a back protector as a mandatory safety item , it is highly recomended to use full armour for speeds above 200 mph

what ever the tyre manufacturer recomends is what should be adheared to ,this can also be added to the tyre section if required

yes those measurements are missing a zero (typo ) has been changed on the origional doco :oops: yes a headlight can be used in special construction ,provided it complies with the open rules

gary