New motorcycle rules

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

hawkwind racing

New motorcycle rules

Post by hawkwind racing »

I have just finished a draft of an upgrade of rules for all motorcycles ,It is now its way to the chief scrutineer for approval ,if approved I will arrange for it to be printed with the next newsletter and post it on this site or have Greg add it to the online rules to replace thr existing motorcycle rules . It follows closely the SCTA rules for 2005 with the 2006 amendments /changes ,as well as some FIM rules and a couple of homegrown rules, I have also submitteed the latest SCTA scrutineering form and hopfully this wil replace the existing one ,check out Jon Amo's site Landracing.com for a sneek preview of this form or the SCTA site
Gary (Motorcycle scrutineer)
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
gazza414

Post Them

Post by gazza414 »

Post the proposed rules up here Gary pls Why go to another board?
thanks
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
hawkwind racing

Gazza the sneek preview is of the scrutineering form only , when the rules are approved I will post them here,
Gary
gazza414

Changes

Post by gazza414 »

Im curious as to what you are proposing and I'm sure others would be too.
Very much the apprentice
gennyshovel

Re: Changes

Post by gennyshovel »

gazza414 wrote:Im curious as to what you are proposing and I'm sure others would be too.

Here ya go Gazza,,you know what they say 'bout curiosity though.
http://www.landracing.net/phpbb/files/2 ... es_877.pdf
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
ben james

Post by ben james »

g'day gary baker, just read the rule changes regarding bike tyres, was wondering if it was still ok for me to use 26" x 4.5" x 15" mickey thompson front runner on the back of my kwacka z1000. ran it this year to 135mph spinning like crazy because of the track surface and it hardly wore off the moulding nipples.
regards
ben james
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Gennyshovel are these the DLRA rules? why are they on the landracing site???
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

DirtyDave wrote:Gennyshovel are these the DLRA rules? why are they on the landracing site???

As Gary said, these are just a guide, until the DLRA adopts them, I thought our members might like an idea of what to expect in the future.
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
hawkwind racing

process

Right a couple of things ( processes ) to follow to keep a little order
1. The draft rules upgrade is finished and awaiting approval from the chief scrutineer
2. If and when approved a copy will be sent to all DLRA members via the speed times , it will also be posted on the DLRA web site and I will post it on the forum.
3. If after reading the rules ,you believe that something needs changing , deleted or added , then fill out a rule change form with reasons for the change/s and supply any information ,data or similar to back up your request this is the official and only way your request will be concidered . this must be posted or emailed to the motorcycle scrutineer ,who with the chief scrutineer, will review your request , if successfull the rules /s will be changed asap. if unsuccessfull the rule/s will remain as is .
4. I encourage any dicussion about the rules on this forum after #1 and # 2 have been completed .this is to make it fair that all members will have a copy and it will stop speculation as to what the new rules consist of .

I have posted nothing on any other forum ,in regard to the new draft rules , I only directed you to landracing.com and the SCTA sites as they have a copy of the SCTA scrutineering form and the SCTA 2006 rule changes for 2006 for motorcycles both of which will be a part of our new rules
Gary (motorcycle scrutineer)
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Gary,

how long does this process take? ie are rule changes considered adhoc or on a monthly / quarterly etc basis or all togther at the end of the year?
thanks

ps I'd encourage all members to post proposed rule changes to put them up here on the board before submiting , at least that way if there are any objections the individuals can discuss prior and or redesign their vehicle in a timely manor before being notified some months later on down the track.

thanks again
Very much the apprentice
hawkwind racing

approved

Righto blokes, I have attended an executive meeting this weekend and amongst many things dicussed ,one was the draft M/C rules ,I'm pleased to announce that the draft rules are now the new current rules officially and will be published ASAP ,so untill the site admin can post the full document ,PM or email me (lsr350@hotmail.com) and I will send you a copy.
Im happy to answer questions and have an open dicussion as nessessary.

One thing that will be closely scrutinised next year ( because it caused quite a few problems for the starter last meeting) will be the classs and number rule no more tape , texta or white shoe polish , if you try it the starter will not let you run :wink: I believe that the club will have letters and numbers for sale for those that dont have a number ,also if there are more than 1 rider the riders number will also have to be displayed .
There will be quite a few changes to how the meet will be set up and run for next year and all racers and crew will be encouraged to donate some of their time to assist in the host of jobs that are need to run a meeting which will become a part of the entry form :wink:
Gary
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Hawkwind, sent you a pm,
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Gary , can you send me a copy of all the rules that did get thru?

If any member wishes to challenge or ammend any of the motorbike rules that you ( Hawkwind) have put togther and had passed at the recent meeting , than a member 1st needs to present the draft to you ( Hawkwind as the motorbike representative) for consideration before going to the executive meeting?
thanks
Very much the apprentice
SPOOK

NEW MOTORCYCLE RULES

Post by SPOOK »

Hi Hawky, Could also send me a copy of the rules and are they now set in stone ,cos if they are comment and discussion is futile. By the way, is machine examining to be completed prior to the the start of the meeting.as was suggested a couple of months ago? Cheers Russell.
hawkwind racing

russell I need your email addy to send a copy
Gary