Im new......

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

DjB

Im new......

Post by DjB »

Hi Guys..........

Unfortunantly I'm going to sound like a big girly fan but Ive read many articiles on DLRA, most the influencial ones in Street Machine, but I'm aiming to get my current project car on the salt and to atleast crack 125mph before I go forced induction... I'll post up picks when I get it all rolling so you can have a good old laugh...

Anyways, like I said before, to all the Dry Lake Racers I worship on this forum, I cant wait to see you on the salt......

DjB.....

aka Chris
Im a newbie but Im keen to listen and learn......
Dr Goggles

Re: Im new......

Post by Dr Goggles »

DjB wrote:Hi Guys..........
Unfortunantly I'm going to sound like a big girly fan but Ive read many articiles on DLRA, most the influencial ones in Street Machine, but I'm aiming to get my current project car on the salt and to atleast crack 125mph before I go forced induction... I'll post up picks when I get it all rolling so you can have a good old laugh...
Anyways, like I said before, to all the Dry Lake Racers I worship on this forum, I cant wait to see you on the salt......DjB.....aka Chris

..one thing about heroes is they're always smaller when you meet 'em in the flesh.....one thing about the DLRA is you certainly won't find anyone acting like a hero......if you can't laugh at yourself you've got no right to laugh at anyone else ,SO
....by the sound of it DjB you're gonna fit right in...and BTW you won't be the only big girly fan....not by a long shot :lol:

....don't even start Chris..... :lol:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
momec

Post by momec »

G'Day
With a name like that you can't be all bad :wink:
Chris
Acme Racing #251
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

WELL DjB . Hope you do it . Yep just do it . I took a stock station wagon and ran it , now infected with this sport . Racing just part of it .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

Welcome aboard DjB.
Once you're out there Salt Fever bites... life just kinda changes direction.

If you want some Dry Lake Racing classics, check this Yank site. Fairly active forum, makes us look sleepy.
http://www.landracing.net/phpbb/index.php
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
DjB

Post by DjB »

Cheers guys....

Just on the stock wagon thing, my current build is a 83 Sigma wagon. Untill I get the Wolf3D managed EFI running, Im running a 32/36 weber, mild cam and genie extractors. I just need to get the suspension in order and make it look a bit nicer and im going to hit the salt.
Cheers for the warm welcome though guys...

Chris
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

DjB wrote:Cheers guys....

Just on the stock wagon thing, my current build is a 83 Sigma wagon. Untill I get the Wolf3D managed EFI running, Im running a 32/36 weber, mild cam and genie extractors. I just need to get the suspension in order and make it look a bit nicer and im going to hit the salt.
Cheers for the warm welcome though guys...

Chris
YEE HA!!! WAGONS RULE !!! Sigma hey , big block 2.6 ltr or small block 2 ltr . Do yo intend driving it to and from the lake ?
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
DjB

Post by DjB »

Hahahahaha.....

Excellant, Im a fan of any person that loves wagons..... And especially if they call the mighty 2.6 astron a big block. Yes, Im sporting the big block and yes I plan on driving to Lake Gairdner. Not sure if ill be racing next year but ill be there to spectate and volunteer my services with anything that needs to be done.
Like I said, ill post up some picks of my beast in the making.... DON NOBLE, I like your style.. Your the fellow with the skyline wagon? What speed did you post up, what mods are you sporting, auto manual and engine size....

Cheers guys

Chris "the big block astron sigmaman" Blackshaw
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

in F/PRO was using the sohc 3ltr nissan engine , with modified head , cam , computer and extractors , went 140 mph .
in F/GC i had was using a head off a DOHC rb25de 2.5 ltr engine on the 3 ltr bottom end , extractors , dual throttle bodies . Rest of engine stock including cams , went 141 mph
Gearbox was 5 speed manual in both cases
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
DjB

Post by DjB »

Hrmmmmm,

I think I need to consult the rule book and see what class my car will fit into... My plans when I hit the salt to race will be similar to your... Moded head, quad throttle bottles, wolf3d, full exhaust, cam etc... Ill be running a weled diff too, i figure on soft salt ill need all the traction I can get, not that 160hp is a heap but it should be enough to get my goal....

Cheers

Chris
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

DjB wrote:Hrmmmmm,

I think I need to consult the rule book and see what class my car will fit into... My plans when I hit the salt to race will be similar to your... Moded head, quad throttle bottles, wolf3d, full exhaust, cam etc... Ill be running a weled diff too, i figure on soft salt ill need all the traction I can get, not that 160hp is a heap but it should be enough to get my goal....

Cheers

Chris
you would be in F/PRO if you use the 2.6 ltr BIG BLOCK
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND